PDA

View Full Version : Joke Machine

fatcatfan
12-23-2002, 03:17 PM
http://www.prairiehome.org/activities/joke_machine/index.php

There's some pretty good stuff there. Some of it I've heard before, but the collection is huge. Here's one I liked:

Many years ago, a tiny island nation in the South Pacific was home to some of the finest woodworkers who ever lived. Unfortunately, no one ever found about these legendary artisans since the only pieces they ever produced were thrones for the king of the island. It was a tradition that every year, on the first day of summer, the old throne would be burned in a massive bonfire and the woodworkers would present the king with their newest masterpiece, an ornate and beautiful throne they spent all year carving and shaping. The king would rule from the new royal seat and then destroy it at the next year's summer festival.
One year, a new king ascended to the throne and spoke to his council of elders. "It's a foolish thing to take these beautiful pieces of art and destroy them every year! Someone should save them for future generations to enjoy."
But one of his ministers quickly pointed out, "Sire, this is a small island, and much of the land has been taken. We have no room to build a museum."
Thinking quickly, the king proposed a solution. "I have the answer. We will build a second story onto the royal hut, and we shall store the thrones there."
The king's plan worked beautifully for a few years. Every year, he would summon the strongest men on the island to carry the thrones up into the second floor of the royal hut and add them to the collection. But on the fifth year, the floor finally could take no more, and the royal hut collapsed, killing the king and his whole family.
The moral of the story? People who live in grass houses shouldn't stow thrones.

Ultra22Lemming
12-23-2002, 03:30 PM
Those are funny! I'm ganna submit a few.

DToE
12-23-2002, 03:59 PM
those are great! thanks for pointing them out!

Ultra22Lemming
12-23-2002, 04:27 PM
Ok I submitted the following:

Catagory: Guy Walks into a Bar
Joke: A horse walks into a bar. The bartender asks, "Why the long face?"

Catagory: Blonde
Joke: Two blondes are in teh woods arguing whether the tracks they are standing on are bear tracks or deer tracks. A few minutes later the train runs them over.

fatcatfan
12-24-2002, 12:44 PM
Here's a Christmas joke:
What goes ho, ho, ho, plop?

Santa laughing his head off.

gdorf
12-24-2002, 05:44 PM
After Adam had been created and given time to spend by himself in the Garden of Eden, God returned to him and asked if he could possibly desire anything more.
Adam replied, "God, I must admit what you have created here is perfection... well, almost perfection. You see, I've noticed all of the other animals have mates to keep them company, to share time with and enjoy. What I really could use Lord is the perfect mate. Someone who will comfort me in my times of sorrow, someone who I can depend on and love, someone who considers me the reason for living and I could recipricate that feeling. You know, the perfect mate, and then I will be in paradise.
God thought about this for a moment and replyed to Adam, "I can fulfill your request my most noble being, but realize it's going to cost you an arm and a leg..."
After many hours of deep consideration and thought Adam returned to God and asked him, "What do you suppose I could get for just a rib?"

Haha, Thats a great joke. :)

rubixd
12-24-2002, 06:20 PM
Dang...that is funny. i should dig up the physics of sants claus since its that time again.

gdorf
12-24-2002, 06:37 PM
rubixd, I think breaker already has. :shrug:

Check the recent topics from him.