PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations for a digital camera?

vegeta1215
12-22-2002, 02:01 AM
I really want to buy a digital camera, but I can't decide which one to buy. My brother has a Kodak DX4900, and I really like it except for the fact that it only has compressed format (JPEG), and no uncompressed format.

What I'm looking for is a camera under $650 that has between 3.0 and 4.0 megapixels, uncompressed format, an easy menu system, and takes good pictures.

Do any of you guys have any digital cameras that have worked out good for you, or do you know of any good ones?

teddyboy420
12-22-2002, 09:22 PM
Well, it depends on what you're looking for. I just bought my girl a Sony Digital-8 camcorder w/ digital still capabilities. It is an awsome camera, it cost $550 on sale down from $700.

But it's not a dedicated still digital camera. But then why spend that much on a Digital Still camera when you can get a really good camcorder AND a still camera in one unit for what you are looking to spend.

vegeta1215
12-23-2002, 12:19 AM
Eh...that is true, but I'd rather pay for better picture quality than movie abilities. That's what bugs me about some of these digital cameras, they do like 15 second movies. Big whoop! I don't care about that! What I need to do is call up Kodak or Nikon and have them make a custom model or something :)

Anyone else?