PDA

View Full Version : Metal Gear Solid 2 beatan

Maverick_Zero
12-21-2002, 09:51 PM
\ Okay heres the deal, I just beat the first Metal Gear Solid, a month ago. So this weekend, I decided to rent Metal Gear Solid 2. Thinking, it got good reviews, but it was said to be really weird. It is now Saturday 8:51, I rented it Friday, 5:15. I put in almost 12 nours of gameplay between that time, and I must say MGS:2 was the strangest movie I ever watched.

Well I thought I'd write a little review. About how much I hated it. The way I feel about it is, they took the first Metal Gear Solid, made a very original beginning, then, took the first Metal Gear Solid, gave it re-vamped graphics, and changed some things position, and put you in charge of a final fantasy Tidus-like reject. Here's the thing, some of the stuff is as clear as day similair to the the first, some of it, is just a bit reminescent.

Lets see.... fighting Vamp, that was like Psycho Mantis, except you had a grenade launcher, making it much easier, and taking away the whole center of the map, and you don't have to defend Meryl.

Fortune, for the bit that you just kind of ran from her, it was only slightly reminiscent of Sniper Wolf. In how, she had a big ole' rifle, except this time you couldn't fire back. I was dissappointed in how you didn't get to actually fight her.

When Snake and Ninja "betray you" the scene is almost exactly like that from when Sniper Wolf and her lackies catch you, well, when you're hanging on the nifty bed.

The end fight with Solidus, this is very reminiscent of the end fight with Liquid, except, you use sword, and Solidus has the tentacle thing, until about the middle of the battle, and Liquid actually fought back, he didn't take it like a Frenchie, and at least Liquid didn't use a fire jet pack thing, you didn't even have a time limit.

Metal Gears, hmm we can't think of any new weapons to give them, so lets make the guy fight three at a time, and make them invincible, and make the fight have know point, but running down a clock, so you can watch more cutscenes.

The funny thing is they ADMIT to the similarities, Ocelot says this is a training exercise made to put you through what Snake went through at the Shadow Moses incident in the first game.

I know it may seem like I'm just crazy with some of these similarities.

My biggest complaint is not finishing the score with Ocelot, I guess they want to leave him for when (if) they make a new one.

Well, now my second biggest complaing, when you're running around naked, and there are those soliders and all you can do is run around kicking, punching, and doing your flipping thing.

My third is the lack of controlling Snake, even though Raiden was much cooler, until he took of his cool Spiderman like swimming mask...then we found him to be an albino Tidus.

Well over all, I'd give the game a 6, because the graphics were pretty good, and you got a sword, and it was cool all you could do with it. I didn't get any dog tags, so I guess I could play through this again doing that, and taking pictures of stuff. It does have some replay value, but I wish they put in some VR missions like the first one, but I guess that's why they made Substance.

All in all fairly good, but I felt I lost my 5 bucks getting the same game again.

MZ /

Masamune
12-23-2002, 02:41 PM
mmmmmm... albino tidus... :drool:

Blonde799
12-23-2002, 09:13 PM
*sigh*
It's a shame it took two games to make MGS2 good.:reading:

Fatty Lumpkin
12-23-2002, 10:10 PM
Personally I like it. You can appreciate the story even if you haven't played MGS. It keeps you wondering. Even if it is a bit strange.:cool:

Maverick_Zero
12-23-2002, 11:59 PM
Yeah, the ending, with the (Spoiler) Patriots all beign dead, kind of weird I hope you don't have to play as the child of Rose and Tidus uhh I mean Raiden, don't want to play as an annoying albino bitch, who says s/he is sorry for whatever it is they say.

BebyGoku
12-24-2002, 02:46 AM
Well i personally liked MGS2 but MGS1 is so much better......raiden i personally think is gay if i would have been snake i woulda watched my back

Blonde799
12-24-2002, 05:06 AM
Yeah, I thought raiden loved to be nude.
Raiden(running through the sewers):I'm a pretty lady!!:laughing:

Jack......what an overused name.

Lone Wolf
12-24-2002, 05:10 AM
MGS2 was ok, though the storey got alittle boring. I didn't care to play as Raiden. Atleast snake is in the game.

mike5000
12-29-2002, 03:07 AM
I know this thread is 5 days old but I have to share this.... if you have a GameSHark or a CodeBreaker use the all weapons codes, and when you get to the part where Raiden is nekked, the real shocker is revealed! with the codes on you will still have your weapons! So take aim and dont forget to scream!!! RAIDEN HAS NO DICK!!!!! Just wanted to share that..

Blonde799
12-29-2002, 07:20 AM
If he did have one, people would be able to see without a gameshark.:laughing:

Flame Boy
12-29-2002, 07:05 PM
I love the gameplay of MGS:2 since it continued on the same from MGS( which I think is the greatest game I have had the privaledge of playing). I bought the game before I had a PS2 lol, and then I soon got one but I had looked at the instructions and I saw Raiden and I thought what's this?? and I had seen in the magazines where Hideo had put Snake in the cutscenes to keep Raiden a secret. There were no reviews on the game yet that I had read about playing as another character, then Raiden was introduced and I was mad/sad, and in the end the story got a bit confusing. It's not the 1st to me but I still consider it a good game.

AlexMax
12-29-2002, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by mike5000
I know this thread is 5 days old but I have to share this.... if you have a GameSHark or a CodeBreaker use the all weapons codes, and when you get to the part where Raiden is nekked, the real shocker is revealed! with the codes on you will still have your weapons! So take aim and dont forget to scream!!! RAIDEN HAS NO DICK!!!!! Just wanted to share that..

The fact that you actually tried that shows how sad of a person you are. (jk)

Why would they add a dick to a model if you aren't supposed to see it anyway?

Maverick_Zero
12-30-2002, 03:43 PM
Eh, in gameplay it was better then the first, the FPS thing in it, made the fighting much easier, I just expected alot of the stuff to be harder.

Flame Boy
12-30-2002, 03:48 PM
Yes true..true, but for myself extreme mode is hard..for me anyway, and there's not killing anyone either, but I couldn't get through doing that.

Blonde799
12-30-2002, 08:33 PM
God, getting big boss rank is hard enough.:cry: And the european extreme mode.......never, ever, again.