PDA

View Full Version : a few questions

kittifelyne
12-21-2002, 01:47 PM
first of all..is there a new tutorial that covers...
these questions?

animations? can you use them? I can make my own animations with a graphics program I have..but can I use them?

How do you make an opening title screen? I notice the newer
quests have them. For example telling the story a bit...is that done by using several strings in one screen?

making or using graphics that you find...what form can you use
in zcquest 192 beta 163? ex: jps, gif, animated gif...etc..what dimensions..like 24pixels X24 pixels.

How do you use the edit option where you ask for a file on your computer and there is a PAL option?

need everyone's imput that has done these things.

Well..that it for now.
thanks in advance for your help.

Oops! I have a question I forgot to ask about...it is ...
I noticed in the tutorial that when you read about setting dmaps it says to start at map 0...however, in the 163 beta dmap option numbers start with map 1.
does that make a difference...when warping to a second map overworld?
Or just treat map one as though it were map zero?

So much to learn...I have so little knowledge... :laughing: :kitty:

idontknow
12-21-2002, 02:50 PM
Animations:
well..if u have the latest beta, (version 193..i think..), then for animations....you go to quest-->graphics-->tiles...then you select an empty tile and click grab...click the file you want to grab tiles from...then, if compatible, it will show you the tiles you can grab...select the tiles (hold shift to select a range) and click ok.
Then go to the combo table and edit an empty/unused combo (right click on it)...then go to the tile you want to use and double click on it (use pg down/pg up to move easily through tile pages) Next, enter in the number of tiles the animation uses (note that all tiles used must be next to each other as animations read a series of tile left to right and down (like reading))...then select the speed at which the combo will animate. Set up the walkable flags and then click ok.

Title screens:
Set up the appearance as you would a usual screen. Then place the blue and green flags at the furthestmost spot on the bottom of the screen. Surround the area with unwalkable combos. Go to screen flags and check inv. Link...click ok. Then go to quest-->strings. Edit the strings you want. If you want to make several strings attached, then edit each and go to the first one and where it says next string, select the next string you want to appear. After editing strings, click done. Then go to data--> message string and select the first string you want to appear. Select the guy you want. If you dont want any guy, select the first guy that there is from the list anyways, go to the tile editor again & delete the tile of the man that the first guy uses (Abei..i think)...this way, you have a guy but he wont show up. If you want, you can go to quest-->rules, and select allow fast messages to allow the player to make the messages scrolll quickly by tapping A. Set up the side warp so that when the strings are done, the player can press down to side warp. If you dont know how to use warps yet, perhaps you should visit the quest tutorial because that is in there.

i know its a lil long but i hope this helps...good luck! :)

Zaggarum
12-21-2002, 04:36 PM
WOW thats a lot of info. Thanks Rent-a-mod ;)

Anyway, about the tile ripping. As far as I know, Bmp and gif can be used. Not sure about jpgs. The tiles in zquest use 16x16 btw.

idontknow
12-21-2002, 07:27 PM
Whats a mod?

zora man
12-21-2002, 10:35 PM
They moderate the forums.
Ban,move topics,keep peace and order.

kittifelyne
12-22-2002, 04:42 PM
idontknow and zag...thanks for the info.
I'll copy this post to my tutorial file.

thanks again.:laughing: :kitty:

idontknow
12-22-2002, 05:50 PM
oh...mod=moderator...duh!