PDA

View Full Version : Custom Boss Suggestions?

Yoshiman
12-20-2002, 08:48 PM
I need some suggestions on how to make a good custom boss. You know, where you make warp combos and fireballs?

Blonde799
12-21-2002, 11:20 AM
Start with something basic, like a 2X2 wizzrobe shooting 8 fireballs.:D For the damage part, Have damage combos that give enough space on the combo so that link can take damage, but not go through the enemy.

If you want to give the boss multiple hits before going to another screen, put in a gibdo or something inside the boss, those last a while.:)

Here's a CB I made:
Dark Magic Sword-Basically, it's a big sword that shoots fireballs out the eyes on the sword's blade. It also emits dark energy, which damages link. It also has resistance to magic, and bounces the magic back. As you damage it, the dark energy field gets bigger, more eyeballs appear on the sword, and wizzrobes appear, shooting magic at link or the sword. For the warping part, have a pit combo that's the same tile as the floor. It's weak point is the hilt. Sorry, but I can't post pics. Netfrms is probably down or something.

KJAZZ
12-21-2002, 11:37 PM
Suggestions? Well, try to use more than one type of enemy. No one likes an enemy that only shoots fireballs. Don't put Goriyas, because theres a chance the bait could lead them away..unless they're in a 1X1 space which is usually the case..

Also, make good use of all the secret combo flags. Don't only use Arrow or Slash or Burn or Magic..use all kinds of em. Put some creativity into it. It's your boss afterall..;)

idontknow
12-22-2002, 11:10 AM
the bait actually attracts goriya enemies?! i thought it just makes the guy in the "feed the goriya" room type go away....hmmm...this might be a little bit more useful!

Ganonator
12-23-2002, 06:44 PM
what works best for me is to just find an image, or draw one for yourself, of some badass boss-type enemy. just consider the physics of it after you got the picture, then you have something to work off of. If you get really tricky, make the enemy move through the room (i.e. more than 1 room) and its all good.

Blonde799
12-23-2002, 08:12 PM
It's a shame timed pit warps might not make it into ZC, as the flipbook method would've been awesome.:D

Like I said Yoshiman, start at a basic level, so it won't take a gajillion years, plus you'll get experience at how to make better ones.:)