PDA

View Full Version : cave

idontknow
12-19-2002, 08:33 PM
how come my locked doors and shutters don't work in my dmap?...its level 1..cave type..i used this so that i could use overhead combos to make passage doors in places other than the middle of the side...are shutters and locked door supposed to work in caves or just the dungeon dmap type only?...if not, then what am i doing wrong?..i thought i saw this done in a demo in another quest...

VEL
12-19-2002, 09:49 PM
They only work in the "dungeon" type dmap.

ShadowTiger
12-20-2002, 09:21 AM
But when we get lock blocks, (Who know! It might actually happen soon. :shrug: ) we'll be able to get real locked doors in cave dmaps. Shutters will have to be done via triggers, but that's certainly possible even now.

idontknow
12-20-2002, 03:55 PM
darn it! now i have to reconstruct my dungeon!...i want a dungeon where there's passages (open doorways) on any place along the side of the dungeon..i heard somewhere you could do this with a cave and layers and i did it, figuring that locked doors and shutters work in the center work also. :( now i'm not sure what to do...perhaps it should be programmed that all doors work on all dmap types-i dont understand the point of them working on only dungeons...that doesnt make much sense to me.