PDA

View Full Version : Where the hell did my undercombos go??

Ganonator
12-19-2002, 04:05 AM
Ok.. You guys are going to get a demo to my quest!! Too bad it has some strange odor.. i mean error..

I'm questing along, working on dungeons, and i felt it was time to test some stuff out. Well, low and behold, as I'm playing through, all of my undercombos simply are gone. I thought it was an implimentation for the bush, tallgrass, flower that it wasn't quite fixed yet, but upon playing the test quest, i realized something is messed up. All of the undercombos are walkable versions of the slashable tile. I even changed some of the tiles from bush to slash-item, but that doesn't have any effect.

you can edit this file all you want, but please be nice - it is my Journey:Redirection source file, free for your benefit, and it has no password. The cheat for it is '4'.. so simple, i know.

One more thing - even the armos statues aren't using their undercombo.. strange indeed

Here's the file -
http://members.fortunecity.com/ganonator1/nounder.zip

EDIT:: i transfered this from b163, and it worked great for a long time.

thanks in advance

C-Dawg
12-19-2002, 08:28 AM
Eh? Undercombos are working fine for C....

You know, I bet there are some wierd quest corruption things creeping in as we upgrade between versions. Everyone seems to be getting different bugs.

-C

Dark Nation
12-19-2002, 08:55 AM
Oddly enough, I think I may have seen the same bug. When I play a test quest that I modified slightly from newfirst and I open the entrance to Level 9, there is a bush placed on top of the entrance that I can walk under. Other bombable doors seems to work fine, though. Most odd... Anyone else get this?

DarkFlameWolf
12-19-2002, 10:15 AM
just temporarily upgraded Fallen One to 180 and started playing it and I agree, there are some missing undercombos and undercombos that are simply not there anymore.

Jigglysaint
12-19-2002, 02:42 PM
I would say that undercombos, secret combos, and the like are messed up.

C-Dawg
12-19-2002, 04:07 PM
Shit.

-C

VEL
12-19-2002, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by Dark Nation
Oddly enough, I think I may have seen the same bug. When I play a test quest that I modified slightly from newfirst and I open the entrance to Level 9, there is a bush placed on top of the entrance that I can walk under. Other bombable doors seems to work fine, though. Most odd... Anyone else get this?

That happens because there is a bomb flag on the layer. In earlier betas flags weren't activated on layers, so it never happened in those. I've had this happen in some of my quests because in the earlier betas you couldn't see how the layers looked in zquest, so I copied the entire screen to another screen and erased all the tiles that weren't over link and forgot to erase the flags.

C-Dawg
12-19-2002, 04:26 PM
So... we're saying the undercombo thing is a result of sloppy layering, not an actual bug?

I rescind my previous profanity.

-C

bigjoe
12-19-2002, 04:36 PM
well , in some instances it is , but in Ganonators case it seems different

Tygore
12-19-2002, 05:29 PM
Yeah, The thing DN mentioned was in test178. I fixed it by removing the flag on layer.

Ganonator
12-21-2002, 01:17 AM
yeah, i was getting the bush over the level 9 entrance, but i figured that was just an error on the quest maker's part .

as for this, its just a mess. all i want is my undercombos back, and if you have a fix, or can fix it, please do so... (and don't worry, i always BACKUP!)