PDA

View Full Version : Mapmaker b180+ - get it while it's hot!

fatcatfan
12-19-2002, 12:45 AM
This is a beta and as such could have bugs or other issues. If you encounter any problems using this version of mapmaker, please report in this thread. Please report any crashes or apparent rendering errors.

Jigglysaint
12-19-2002, 12:56 AM
This is uber off topic, but I noticed that cats have an unnatural attraction towars tuna. I guess I'd better not tell Axel that though.

Anyway, I never really found a need to make a map for my quests. Possibly since I have no quests to make maps of.

fatcatfan
12-19-2002, 01:10 AM
Actually, I think the attraction between cats and tuna is rather natural

KJAZZ
12-19-2002, 01:48 AM
Yay! Last MapMaker I had was 156..

Good job, I'll make good use of this..:D

Ganonator
12-19-2002, 02:23 AM
ahh.. the perks of being a tester.. this works great. I've never used a map maker before, so I'm very happy with this. Great work fatcatfan!

StarFox
12-19-2002, 02:35 AM
Mmm, Mapmaker...tasty... I'll be downloading this. *Tries to eat mapmaker* *realizes mapmaker is not tangible, and is therefore not edible* *puts mapmaker on a floppy and chews floppy* :D

C-Dawg
12-19-2002, 08:31 AM
Works fine. Till it crashes.

It seems to have a problem displaying layers, as well.

-C

fatcatfan
12-19-2002, 11:09 AM
Could you be more specific? Maybe give an example screenshot? Send me the quest/qsu which is causing the problem?

I tested it with b177 newfirst and it rendered everything properly. That's doesn't mean it's free of bugs, but... :shrug:

You'll have to give me something more to go on if I'm to find the bug.

EDIT:
I've also just tested with 2nd.qst in order to check that walk-thru doors were showing properly. They do, without causing a crash. BTW, in the next version, I'll put checkboxes for bomb doors and walk-thru doors, so you can choose not to show those types.

In testing 2nd quest, something odd did show up though. MM wasn't rendering the entire dungeon in it's output, despite the fact that the "map" shown on the MM dialog was displayed properly. I'll have to look into that.

C-Dawg
12-19-2002, 02:12 PM
I can't send you the qsu file.

As far as the problem goes- layers do not display on the screens assigned to a Dmap which uses a high level palette... 15 or something. The Dmap is on Map1, and is not shifted.

I have some Dmaps assigned to map 18. When I tell the screenshot maker to go to that Dmap, it displays an empty map, and if i tell it to print it says "nothing to print!" and immediatly crashes. If I go to map 18 manually, however, it prints just fine.

The problem could be a corrupting in the quest file, however- this is the same qst file that wont let me access Map 34 or Map 40 in Zquest without crashing. Until DN can actually receive my emails and check it out, I wont know where the problem is.

-C

fatcatfan
12-19-2002, 02:24 PM
If that's the case, I'd consider the quest itself to be the problem until I hear another report. :shrug:

Dark Nation
12-19-2002, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by C-Dawg
Until DN can actually receive my emails and check it out, I wont know where the problem is.

Post about it in the bug reports forum. It will let you attach the quest and I can download it that way, thanks to Shadowblazer.