PDA

View Full Version : Quest Backups?

ShadowTiger
12-18-2002, 07:00 PM
OK. I checked the ZQuest option that it should save a backup file wheneven I save. Suppose the quest gets corrupted. Wouldn't that get corrupted too because of the thing that it saved with is in there too? And how do you get the quest working again with the backup?

Raichu86
12-18-2002, 10:17 PM
The quest backups are unencoded, so saving a corrupt one won't corrupt the quest backup. You can then import the QSU (you gotta rename the backup from .QSB to .QSU, DN should fix that) and fix whatever causes the quest to corrupt. However, DN broke QSU's prior to Beta 163, so don't plan on using them if you're using 163. :shrug:

Ganonator
12-19-2002, 04:22 AM
There are 2 things that will guarentee a working backup though, first, make a quest called backup.qst for each one of your projects. after you start finishing levels, save-as in there. It is a sure-fire way to make sure everything is safe. Second, UNCHECK the box in options that is 'Reload Last'. Of the 2 quests I've had to fix (one totally lost, ugg), this was the problem. You load Z-quest, variables are still loading, something lags, your quest loads, and then - OOPS!! - corruption.