PDA

View Full Version : From Here on out...

bigjoe
12-18-2002, 02:40 PM
Do you that there should be a Player Only release for each private beta?

Good Things:
-We will be able to find and eliminate bugs much faster with the entire public testing
-You will all have something to drool over
-Beta Testers can update their quests to the latest versions

Bad Things:
-If the Beta Testers do update their quests to the latest version , there will be no gaurantee that it will be forever compatible
-People will get frustrated and want the quest editor as well

C-Dawg
12-18-2002, 03:19 PM
Quest designers are currently free to release players to private beta teams. No one else needs them.

-C

bigjoe
12-18-2002, 03:35 PM
No one else NEEDs them.. but WANT ,here, is the keyword. I figured everyone would want to check out the new features in action, and I , with the help of Eckels, gave them what they wanted.

I am against letting only priveledged people experience and enjoy things.

And Dark Nation did not state that private beta groups are the only ones allowed to have player copies.

ShadowTiger
12-18-2002, 04:00 PM
My question to you, is: Is this poll asking if we want previews of the next version by receiving a player only, rather than receiving an example of the ZQuest changes as well, or just not getting anything at all, so when we do get it, we'll all be shocked even more.

bigjoe
12-18-2002, 04:08 PM
This thread is asking if you want player-only releases so that you can see the new features in action, seeing as how ZQuest cannot be given out. If you want to just wait and let suspense build , thats always good ;)

Ganonator
12-18-2002, 04:17 PM
well, i picked negativo because with the constant update of the player, i don't see the reason. I play ZC for the quest building ability. I don't because i like a new clone of the first quest every 2 weeks. Either give us the whole package, or leave us in horrible, horrible suspense.

ShadowTiger
12-18-2002, 04:19 PM
I would pick positive, but I'm not entirely sure yet.

You see, when I got 180, I was utterly ecstatic, as I may have said earlier. But this is probably because it has the new slashing ability, (Which I was skeptical about at first, but when I tried it,...----> :kawaii: :thumbsup: ) It was great. But now that all the really cool features have been nearly exhausted, I'm not sure what I want anymore! :shrug:

bigjoe
12-18-2002, 04:27 PM
What could it be next. The Cane of Byrna? The Cape? Working version's of Farore's Wind and Nayru's Love? You'll never know :sly:

ShadowTiger
12-18-2002, 04:36 PM
Well, the public expects great things, you know. But apparently, they (we. ;) ) have been quite satisfied with this one. Or at least that's how I feel about it. Slashing is great. Din's Fire is great. Heck, everything else is great. It's all great from here. Thanks, you guys!

zora man
12-18-2002, 05:50 PM
I think this is a great ideah!:)
People won't be making new versions of there quest every two weeks and we will get to see all the new stuff.
So as long as ZQ is ot released as often as ZC then I don't see why this would be a problem.

ShadowTiger
12-18-2002, 06:27 PM
Perhaps we could get a glimpse of ZQuest, like in 64?

raptorscyther
12-18-2002, 07:29 PM
I wouldn't mind it but rather every 2 beta releses. That way, we get more in one package than just something little like a bug fix (but they can be big sometimes ;))

KJAZZ
12-18-2002, 08:26 PM
I'd say every time something that's noteable is added. If just bugs are fixed, the public may not want it. Unless they crash ZC often, or something.

Zaggarum
12-19-2002, 12:20 AM
I think it sounds good. Add something new to lists of things here at the Forums. I was very excited to try out slashes. :drool: I can't get enough of those slashes. :D

Blonde799
12-19-2002, 12:36 AM
Actually, I'd feel better being in suspense, and looking at the beta reports.:) I have something to wait and be excited for, and I'd have a LOT of new stuff to play with.:D Plus, the community may get spoiled with all these frequent releases. And, the ignorant masses will rant: "I want ZQuest!!" over, and over. IMHO, If a new player is released, might as well give out the editor too(this one doesn't count), as PB sandwiches aren't complete without their jelly.:)

ShadowTiger
12-19-2002, 08:40 AM
:laughing: Very True. :thumbsup: Remember 64, when we couldn't save in the ZQuest? I so wanted to see the monsters that I put down, but in this case, I realize that all the features and monsters (except lock blocks. :sweat: ) were showcased here. So why not get a gander at the locked ZQuest? :shrug:

Raichu86
12-19-2002, 11:47 AM
I think that would be nice, as everybody could experience the new features by playing quests by the beta testers. I don't see the harm in just releasing the player, unless people start getting pissed that they can't make anything, like they were doing when the Custom Quest Contest had private betas. :shrug:

Blonde799
12-19-2002, 12:20 PM
I don't see why people were pissed then, it's not like had Din's Fire or anything....:naughty: And besides, the ignorant masses got a beta package eventually(and even then, they could've gotten a better beta just by joining the contest).:shrug:

texasdex
12-20-2002, 09:51 PM
I don't think we need to release the player for every single build. I'd actually be okay with just working on bugs in 180 and releasing it as the final version. Perhaps we could add the wind and love spells, but I don't think this version can go much farther. Plus I want to sit down and work with a single version of the program for a long time, it's changing every month or so isn't helping my habit of starting and not finishing things.

DarkSFK
12-20-2002, 10:13 PM
Well.... I don't see why you are making this poll. A lot of people want it, some don't. Just release it, the people who want it will download it and the people who don't won't.