PDA

View Full Version : The madness happens again....

obi
12-18-2002, 01:30 PM
Well, I'm pissed and don't you know it.

The other day, I'm using my PC and everynow and then, the monitor makes some sizzling sound and the screen flickers. Eventually, the monitor began to flicker alot, and made some crazy ass sound. Now, the monitor is dead, when I turn it on, it doesn't go on. :(

I hopefully should be getting a temporary monitor from college (one of their old ones) until I buy myself a new one. Well, I'm annoyed :sweat:

mrz84
12-18-2002, 01:41 PM
so it happened again, ne? well just hope it doesn't die a third time right?

Monica
12-18-2002, 01:53 PM
My old monitor did that...it sizzled and started smoking! And I was the only one home! O_O It was a Packard Bell so I'm not surprised...

Joshua Milton N
12-18-2002, 02:07 PM
That stinks that your monitor died on you obi and I hope that it doesn't happen again.

vegeta1215
12-18-2002, 02:10 PM
Mine did something really weird one time and had trouble drawing things on the screen, so I had light and dark bands of color going across. I never did figure out if it was my video card or monitor, I think it was my card.

Sorry to hear that :( Thankfully, CRTs are getting pretty cheap now, and now you have an excuse to buy a nicer one.

obi
12-18-2002, 02:18 PM
Heh, the funny thing is, a week before this happened I swaped this monitor with my Dad, My current one for a newer plug and play. The only reason I took this one was that I found the display more crisp on it. If only it weren't so old.

Joshua Milton N
12-18-2002, 02:21 PM
That really stinks that your monitor had to be so old for it to just go on and die on you but I hope that your newer monitor when you buy it has a very good crisp display on it obi.

blckscab
12-18-2002, 05:34 PM
Thats technology for ya -_-'

Rijuhn
12-18-2002, 09:50 PM
This thread was not made today. If it was, it was a copy, a clone, or I'm physic. What Obi said was exactly what I read about 2-5 months ago, along with the rest of people in the thread. Am I going crazy or what? Am I the only one that has read this thread before, but it wasn't posted today?

gdorf
12-19-2002, 12:40 AM
Nope, I read it too. If its the same exact problem as last time, maybe you should have your outlets checked or something. That just doesn't seem right, and I'd hate to see it happen to a new monitor. :shrug:

KJAZZ
12-19-2002, 01:27 AM
Again? Still hasn't done it for me once..;)

Michael Moore
12-19-2002, 01:33 AM
My monitor blew a fuse. It was a refurbished one I got when I bought a new tower. It just blew out and I have to use my old one, which is small and has bad color, though I got use to it. It will make me appreciate a new monitor. Thank goodness I have a old monitor.