PDA

View Full Version : How about pinning bugs until Dark Nation deals with them

bigjoe
12-18-2002, 12:49 PM
Many a bug has slipped by because Dark Nation simply hasnt dealt with them.

Do you think pinning the bugs would be an effective part of the elimination process?

Raichu86
12-18-2002, 12:53 PM
Yeah, I think that might be helpful.

fatcatfan
12-18-2002, 01:43 PM
This might also help prevent duplicate reports. But we could also quickly have the whole first page full of pinned bugs.

bigjoe
12-18-2002, 01:45 PM
Which would give Dark Nation all the more incentive to actually DO something about those bugs

DarkFlameWolf
12-18-2002, 01:50 PM
so why not start posting bugs than debating if we should? ;)

Tygore
12-18-2002, 05:30 PM
I voted yes, for no other reason than "Why not?" I see no reason NOT to do this. Except that we'd have to wait for someone with power to come in here. But that's not to big a deal.

Cronic
12-18-2002, 06:54 PM
Actually...

I'm not sure that I am at liberty to divolge much info, but I can tell you this has been taken into consideration and SB is doing something to help DN in keeping track of bugs involving as best I can tell a report post feature coupled with a seperate forum for DN to store them as a form of checklist.

If I pinned every thread here involving a bug what would really be the difference?

StarFox
12-18-2002, 08:28 PM
Perhaps once the a bug has been reported, and it is confirmed to be an actual bug and we can tell how it is caused, it can be added to a master list pinned at the top of the forum. That way, it's only one thread to look through for bugs, and DN doesn't have to search through threads to find out why the bug is being caused. All the information of a bug can be found within a single post, and all the posts would be organized within a single thread.