PDA

View Full Version : Ganonator's Bugs

bigjoe
12-18-2002, 12:42 PM
This guy has found LOADs of bugs and discrepencies. I recommend him ABOVE MYSELF as a beta tester.

Anywayz, just posting these here in case Dark Nation is a Dark Nation , and skips reading them in the ZC forum

Originally posted by Ganonator
hmm... very interesting. I'm very happy with the new release and all of its features. HOWEVER, there are some bugs that need to be addressed, and that's what I do

the magical snapping Link -
Link snaps to his coordinates a little too blatantly, and i notice it here a lot. walk left or right for a little bit, then go up just ever so slightly. when link moves left or right again, SNAP!, back onto the grid he goes. This is most noticeable on the screen where the water from where you get the 2nd sword in the first quest runs down the mountain, then turns 90 degrees south. on this screen with the turn in the water, if you have the flippers enabled, link will either be in the water, or not in the water. there is no middle ground. that means that you can't stand 'over the ledge' like you can withOUT the flippers. Also, back to just plain walking, if you get hit with the rolling rocks, its even more noticeable when moving up and down.

Also with this, in this same screen with the water
X W W W W W W W
W Swim in the corner here (X). go right 1/2 of a tile, and
W try to swim down. STUCK. this happens in my quest
W well, and i know that there are no red squares on
W these combos. (trying to go from water to 1/2 water
W and 1/2 walkable)

hmm... I feel that Din's Fire just doesn't look right. There are too many flames in that circle around link. maybe that's just me.

ALSO, when link shoots arrows from his sword when the upgrade is on, the timing is a little late. again, maybe its just for my taste, but it seems wrong, compared to L4...

and another (hey, i notice these things) ..
lets say you are in this situation

Z < zora that just came up
L < Link

you want to slash the zora, but as you swing your sword, you are a tad bit late because you had to go through the whole animation for the sword to get up. in L4, regardless of the animation, you are still able to hit your target.

I'll post more as i find them. i'm very happy with the updated speed!!

EDIT:: I found another

if you Alt-Tab out of the fullscreen ZC using .it support, and as you go back into it from windows XP, the music skips for a couple of seconds. I know that it just has to catch up, but i have never had this problem before. (P4 2.2GHZ, 512DDR)

EDIT#2::
When using the hammer to the right and down, the stars are over Link's head. hmm.. interesting.

Polz Voice has shadows even when its on the ground. This just seems odd. is it like still off the ground or something?? Another one is that bats in the underground passageway of dungeons have shadows. This implies that there needs to be a rule for 'no enemy shadows' screen flag for side scrolling rooms.

hmm.. ok

lets say you have a bombable north wall, and you lay a bomb somewhere where it won't hit the wall, then you place a bomb on the wall IMMEDIATLEY afterwards. they explosion for the first bomb will blast a whole in the wall, BEFORE the bomb on the wall explodes.

when loading a quest with the 24 heart rule on, and an init data for heart containters OVER 24, more than 24 hearts will show on the screen. If you put a bunch down in the init, more than the screen will hold, it will keep track, even off the screen.

on this test quest beta, even if you do not have all of the 8 triforce peices as you enter level 9, with the doorman saying 'you can't enter', the doors still let you through. When you come back through the door that was open, it shuts and stays shut.

EDIT:: oh there is more

Here's my scenario, and its really strange. I'm playing a 163 quest. There is a room where enemy carries item is set, and the location of the item is the middle of the room. This item is a key. There are 8 bats in the room. the screen flag Enemies-Item is NOT set. when i kill the bat with the key, i get that key, then another bat is carrying ANOTHER key. i can kill that bat, collect the key, and repeat. After i kill all of the bats, a key appears in the middle of the room, giving me a total of 9.

Bingo

hmm.. ok

lets say you have a bombable north wall, and you lay a bomb somewhere where it won't hit the wall, then you place a bomb on the wall IMMEDIATLEY afterwards. they explosion for the first bomb will blast a whole in the wall, BEFORE the bomb on the wall explodes.

when loading a quest with the 24 heart rule on, and an init data for heart containters OVER 24, more than 24 hearts will show on the screen. If you put a bunch down in the init, more than the screen will hold, it will keep track, even off the screen.

on this test quest beta, even if you do not have all of the 8 triforce peices as you enter level 9, with the doorman saying 'you can't enter', the doors still let you through. When you come back through the door that was open, it shuts and stays shut.

EDIT:: oh there is more

Here's my scenario, and its really strange. I'm playing a 163 quest. There is a room where enemy carries item is set, and the location of the item is the middle of the room. This item is a key. There are 8 bats in the room. the screen flag Enemies-Item is NOT set. when i kill the bat with the key, i get that key, then another bat is carrying ANOTHER key. i can kill that bat, collect the key, and repeat. After i kill all of the bats, a key appears in the middle of the room, giving me a total of 9.

Bingo

i'm just full of testing spirit tonight...

in a room with enemy carries item and corner and center traps checked, the item is attributed to the top left trap. as it moves, you can go in and take that item. THEN, when you beat all of the enemies in the room, another item appears. My example happens with bombs.

hmm... and i thought the betas were getting fixed so it can be public?? :D j/k with ya

concerning shallow water/grass, when anypart of link touches the combo (left/right) the overlay shows. Link may not even be in the water, but the shallow water shows. It just seems he should be at least 1/2 of a tile in for it to show.

EDIT:: concerning shadows again
shadows are present in dark rooms.. where is this light coming from again??

Ganonator
12-18-2002, 07:36 PM
Thanks for everything, BigJoe!

As you can see, this is what I have found for 180... there are other MINOR problems related to the public test quest developed by BigJoe, but other than that, it seems to run smoothly.

Warlock
12-18-2002, 07:48 PM
FYI, Pols Voice is a ghost, so it is plausable that he would hover (the extra shadow). Although maybe there should be a rule against this, I dunno.

bigjoe
12-18-2002, 08:15 PM
I developed only a percentage of that quest. Thank Warlock and Dark Nation for it, Ganonator ;)