PDA

View Full Version : I wub you, EBgames.com!

AtmaWeapon
12-17-2002, 11:36 PM
I was kind of pissed off because since I preordered Zelda:Wind Waker online, I would get the bonus disk late. Today, I get this email from EBgames:

Hello from EBgames.com!

Thanks for choosing us. Since you pre-ordered The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker from us we are writing to inform that you will also be receiving a limited edition bonus offer. Nintendo has announced that they will be releasing two fully playable Gamecube versions of previous Zelda games to complement the release of The Wind Waker. The two titles will be the Ocarina of Time, which was originally released for the N64, and the same disk will also contain the Ocarina of Time Master Quest. The second title is an updated release of the original N64 version which was never released outside of Japan!

If you would like to receive this bonus offer when we ship The Wind Waker (currently releasing on 3/24), you do not have to do anything further. We will add it to your order and there will be no additional cost.

The bonus offer is set to be available on February 17th and we realize many of our customers would like to receive it at that time. We will be happy to send it to you on or near February 17th. If you choose this option you will incur an additional $5 charge to cover the cost of shipping. You will be charged shipping for The Wind Waker and the bonus disk at the time
the bonus disk ships. If you would like to receive the disk early, please respond to this email with "Bonus Disk Early" in the subject line. We will take care of the addition immediately and send a confirmation back to you.

Remember, if you do not mind waiting until the release of The Wind Waker to receive your bonus disk, you do not need to respond. We will make the addition to your order and there will be no additional charge.

Should you have any questions about this, please feel to include those in your response. If you prefer, you can call us at 877-432-9675. Our hours of operation are 8 am to Midnight, 7 days a week, Eastern Standard Time.

Best Regards,
EBgames.com Customer Service

Zaggarum
12-17-2002, 11:46 PM
Should have waited. After I e-mail nintendo. They updated there response saying that on (can't remember) Feb 13? that wallmart will allow you to preorder and that same day you will get the disc. :shrug: Hey at least you know you will get it. I am not even sure if I will make it. (though I am a huge zelda fan...)

Warlock
12-18-2002, 12:20 AM
Ah cool, me and TSA were actually wondering about that last night, since obviously it would cost them more to ship it early (two shipments instead of one = extra shipping). I see they give you a choice which is really cool. Of course I still plan on preordering at a store so that I can pick up the bonus disk right there on the 16th/17th (Nintendo says 16th, not sure why they say 17th, maybe they include the shipment or processing time).

Mak-X
12-18-2002, 12:26 AM
http://www.nintendo.com/news/news_articles.jsp?articleID=7847

I suppose I could go down to my local EB Games store and preorder so I have my copy guarenteed. For Maryland, stores usually get games 1-2 days after the release/ship date Nintendo gives. I couldn't get A Link to the Past/Four Swords until Wednesday while others got it Monday... at least I didn't check the stores before then, and that's what it was advertised for in my area.

Zaggarum
12-18-2002, 12:34 AM
Its good to hear that Nintendo Finally anounced it. I am such big zelda fan, I am going to get up bright and early on that sunday morning and sit in front of Wall-Mart for them to open. Hey I did it for the GCN. Seriously. I am the biggest Nintendo in my town. I am positive.

vegeta1215
12-18-2002, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by Mak-X
http://www.nintendo.com/news/news_articles.jsp?articleID=7847

I suppose I could go down to my local EB Games store and preorder so I have my copy guarenteed. For Maryland, stores usually get games 1-2 days after the release/ship date Nintendo gives. I couldn't get A Link to the Past/Four Swords until Wednesday while others got it Monday... at least I didn't check the stores before then, and that's what it was advertised for in my area.

That's what I'll probably do, just go pre-order it in the store and pick it up. I'd rather do that than do it online.

Joshua Milton N
12-18-2002, 12:25 PM
I'm going to pre-order the new Zelda game when i get the money so that I can get the other two discs for free.

AtmaWeapon
12-18-2002, 01:09 PM
I'd rather do it online, because recently, I'm having good luck with online orders. Little things, like sending me the wrong merchandise but telling me they'll reship the order and I can keep the other stuff... Maybe I'll get some other games I can keep. :)

Joshua Milton N
12-18-2002, 02:16 PM
I hope that your kind of luck keeps on going until the day that you die AtmaWeapon because you've got the best luck out of us all of us that are on the board.