PDA

View Full Version : Starcraft, Mormons, and LotR:TT

Rijuhn
12-17-2002, 11:29 PM
I have things I want to talk about in one.

Most recently. I just bought Starcraft after much debating in my head wheater to get SC or get some 3D RPG that's $40 that might be good but I've never heard of. I also took into account what all of you have said about Starcraft, so I finally caved in.

In all it was $19 for the box set that included StarCraft, Broodwars, and strategy guides for both games. I could of bough SC for just $9, but I knew that I needed to have broodwars too, and for nine bucks more isn't a lot really.

Secondly, my sister and I bought our tickets to see Two Towers tomorrow at 4:15 PM. She hasn't read the books, but she's in love with the fatasy theme and how Tolkien meshes together everything so well to create the world that we know as middle-earth. She's a fantasy nut in general, I mean what true gamer isn't?

Lastly, I wanted to post this the day it happened but I forgot and it finally popped in my head a minute ago. About two months ago there was a ding on our door bell, and it was two teenages with Church of Jesus Christ and Latter-day Saints. My mom answered the door and I instantly thought of Jigglysaint and what he has to say about it all. They gave my mom a little piece of lamenated paper that showed the Mormon Bible, "another testament to Jesus Christ" is what it said, and on the reverse it showed a painting of angels physically fighting a demon, or Satan.

It all hit me almost like a brick when they dinged on the door bell, because I knew they were Mormons before I even saw them, something told me that had to do with God in one way or another.

Well that's really it for this thread. I just wanted to let all of you know what's going on more recently with me. Thanks for reading.

Jigglysaint
12-17-2002, 11:50 PM
Awesome! I hope you enjoy the show!

As for the elders and such, you can pretty much spot them a mile away. I don't know if you have had a chance, but read the Book of Mormon, it's like Tolken but doesn't have hobbits and it has a religion based on it and, well, it just doesn't have hobbits in it, but it's still good, and this is a really bad, run on sentence.

Rijuhn
12-18-2002, 12:01 AM
I see no harm in reading a Mormon Bible, but I just don't know where I would get one. I can't think of any Mormon churches in my area. Hmm...can't wait for Two Towers!!!

Hermit
12-18-2002, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by Jigglysaint
I don't know if you have had a chance, but read the Book of Mormon, it's like Tolken but doesn't have hobbits and it has a religion based on it and, well, it just doesn't have hobbits in it, but it's still good, and this is a really bad, run on sentence.

Yeah, if your sister is a real fantasy nut, by all means, get her a copy of the Book of Mormon ;)

DarkDragon
12-18-2002, 12:17 AM
Good choice on Starcraft, the fact that it's still popular online over two years after its release is a testament to its excellence. Unfortunately, this also means that there's been plenty of time for battle.net to be infested by hackers and cheaters, but you can't have it all.

I'm seeing LotR tommorrow at 7:00 pm, instead of studying for exams, of course. By the way, if your sister is such a fantasy nut, how could she have not read Tolien? :odd:

Rijuhn
12-18-2002, 12:22 AM
Well, I think mostly because she is lazy about reading, as am I. But ever since I started reading LotR (reading the Hobbit pursuaded me to read other works by Tolkien) my whole view on reading changed. I just haven't found the time myself to go to the library as I find ample reading and writing on AGN, and the internet in general.

Jigglysaint
12-18-2002, 12:44 AM
Speaking of the Library, I bet you could find the BOM there. You could always order one too(or break into a local Hotel Marriot).

J.J. Maxx
12-18-2002, 01:06 AM
The Mormon Bible: "Just like Lord of the Rings, without all those Hobbits"

/me rolls on the floor and laughs..

Jigglysaint
12-18-2002, 01:12 AM
FYI, the only one who possibly called it the Mormon Bible was Mormon himself as it was a bible to him.

Ibis, God of Magicks
12-18-2002, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by Jigglysaint
the Book of Mormon, it's like Tolken but doesn't have hobbits and it has a religion based on it and, well, it just doesn't have hobbits in it, but it's still good, and this is a really bad, run on sentence.

LOL i am dying here... are we talking about the same BOM? the one i read was nothing like tolkien... :P

Jigglysaint
12-18-2002, 01:59 PM
Let me guess, one was gorier?

MottZilla
12-18-2002, 04:33 PM
And LotR wins! ;p

Jigglysaint
12-18-2002, 11:45 PM
Well, duh!(unless I can vote many times or get modded to GD).

Mr. 207
12-19-2002, 02:17 AM
Dr. Pepper Red Fusion IS awesome. :)

Fatty Lumpkin
12-19-2002, 07:32 PM
I don't know about Mormons and Starcraft, but Red Fusion and Tolkien are both great. Even together!

We don't have any Mormons around here, only a lot of Amish and Menonites.

Maverik X
12-19-2002, 08:54 PM
I like LotR and Starcraft. The whole thing riveted me for months, and I tried to play without cheating or anything (starcraft, not LotR. However, the book had the same effect on me [the riveted for months part]) I bet I'm one of the few to use double parenthesis.

Rafnul
12-19-2002, 10:26 PM
Red Fusion owns you.