PDA

View Full Version : Sound problem

rjf
12-17-2002, 09:31 PM
Hello everyone.

Long time gamer, computer newbie(total) here. I hope someone can help me. I dl'ed Zelda Classic 1.92 ver.163. After installing I tried it once for about 1 minute to see if it worked(last night). It seemed to fine. Then today, I decided to turn it on again. I had my internet(msn) and browser(Opera) opened at the time so I minimized everything. Upon turning on ZC the sound did not work. I then tried a diff. emu I have to see if the sound worked. It did, but the music was different, I think it was the music from the ZC. I restarted my computer several times and finally got the sound to work(on ZC) but, to make a long story short, whenever I turn my internet and browser on, after everything's loaded music will start playing by itself.

I know it's something up with the ZC because one of the tunes that plays is the theme music from Ocarina of Time and I've never had that on my comp. Also, I have never had any MP3's on my comp. either, and I've never had any sound problems whatsoever until I installed ZC. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My comp.

HP 510n
1.2 ghz
256 mb sdram
Windows XP(home)
Sound Max audio integrated 11mb sound card(I think)

VEL
12-18-2002, 12:00 AM
Moved to ZC Discussion (you should get more help here)

rjf
12-18-2002, 12:49 PM
I've been doing a little experimenting on the prob. Restarted first, turned on msn explorer(internet), waited a couple of minutes. No Zelda music yet. Turned on ie6, no music there. Turned Opera 6.05 on, oops there it is, oops there it is. Turned off internet, left Opera on, music remains. I guess it seems that some of the music from ZC1.92(163) has attached itself to my Opera browser somehow.

rjf
12-18-2002, 04:29 PM
I think I may have fixed my problem. On my Opera browser I have what's called a "saved window setup". It lets you save a list of websites which you can open all at once at startup. I had mine open and running when the problem arose with the sound in ZC Classic. Every time I checked to see if the problem was still there I would reopen my saved window setup(about 20 windows). I finally decided to start opening and closing each of the windows seperately, and after a while of trial and error, narrowed it down to one window, or more specifically, a certain website. It is a foreign rom website. If I close that website/window, the music would stop. What's weird is that I had it opened for a long time before and nothing happened until I ran ZC and had no sound with it.

While I'm very new to computers and don't know that much, I think it may have been a javascript problem with the website and my browser, and that ZC triggered something that made the music start playing. In other words, I think the music was probably emanating from the website, but wasn't working and something in ZC triggered it to work. The other weird thing is, I can disconnect from the net, but as long as my browser is still opened to the website the music will keep on playing even while not connected. At any rate, the sound is playing right on ZC now, and as long I stay away from that certain website, the other music does not play anymore. I'm almost starting to miss the ocarina music, it was very relaxing and reminded me how long it's been since I've played OoT.

MottZilla
12-18-2002, 04:52 PM
The 1.92 Beta 163 is quite unstable in my opinion, probably because of whatever debugging code DN said was still on when he compiled it.

The next version probably won't have near as many issues. That is if we ever get one. ;p

rjf
12-18-2002, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by Mottzilla
The 1.92 Beta 163 is quite unstable in my opinion, probably because of whatever debugging code DN said was still on when he compiled it.

The next version probably won't have near as many issues. That is if we ever get one. ;p

Thanks for the info.