PDA

View Full Version : I stand converted

Beldaran
12-17-2002, 05:08 AM
I used to make fun of all the dumb asses who stand in line for hours just to get a box of Krispy Kremes.

Now, don't get me wrong, I still make fun of the dumb asses who stand in line for hours just to get a box of Krispy Kremes. HOWEVER, they just opened a Krispy Kreme in my town and tonight I casually went down their when it was empty and bought a doughnut. Then I bought a dozen more because those things are friggin tasty.:)

So I stand converted. Krispy Kreme does in fact make delicious doughnuts.

[homer voice] mmmmm....doughnuts. [/homer voice]

Blonde799
12-17-2002, 05:13 AM
Krispy Kreme my ass! They don't even crunch!:angry: j/k
I'm a slave of Awrey's(sp?). They have the best dunkers.:D

AtmaWeapon
12-17-2002, 10:57 AM
I hate Krispy Kreme donuts. They are too big and they are slimy. We have a local business called Daylight Donuts, and they are superior to Krispy Kreme by a large margin. It tastes like there's a whole stick of butter in each donut...

/me drools

Starkist
12-17-2002, 11:14 AM
Krispy Kreme is the best hands down. Beldaran, did your store give you a free one? The one in Issaquah does. It was the first one in the state, I like to stop by whenever I'm in the area.

Dirk the Daring
12-17-2002, 11:37 AM
KK's are great, you can go here (http://www.howstuffworks.com/krispy-kreme.htm) to find out about the process of how they make them soooo good!!

deathbyhokie
12-17-2002, 02:04 PM
i personaly like the chocolate frosted glazed ones. so good, especially if you get them fresh baked

Jigglysaint
12-17-2002, 03:31 PM
Mmmmm...

Next time I'm in the area I'll pick up a few, but its nothing worth going out of my way for(chocolate seashells on the other hand...).

Dirk the Daring
12-17-2002, 04:08 PM
What are chocolate seashells?

MottZilla
12-17-2002, 04:38 PM
"KK" is pretty good, but in the end, it's just food. ;p

Jigglysaint
12-17-2002, 05:12 PM
Belgium(sp?) choclolate seashells are basicaly a chocolate praline or somthing that has choclolate, vanilla, and hazelnut paste. If you have ever heard of Nutella, it's like that only in the shape of a seashell. I have eaten about 50 of them so far this winter, the only time that they are stocked by stores in my area. If I want them year round, I have to go to Toronto to get them while I visit my friend.

Tygore
12-17-2002, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by AtmaWeapon
We have a local business called Daylight Donuts, and they are superior to Krispy Kreme by a large margin.* AtmaWeapon drools

Local? Either you're mistaken, or we live a LOT closer to each other than I would have guessed!

zables
12-17-2002, 11:09 PM
And I live in Medicine Hat Alberta, so i get screwed outta the good tasting donuts...
dang it, Small towns suck....

Rijuhn
12-17-2002, 11:48 PM
...It all depends on the baker and the stores quality of the baking equipment I'd say. Some stores have crappy food, others are almost heavenly. Like my local Sonics, McDonalds and Burger King suck ass through a straw through a wall underwater. But if I were to go to the ones 45 minutes away they would be a lot better. Better cooks, better staff, better management all are the reason for what tastes good.