PDA

View Full Version : Help with Gleeoks

DarkDragon
12-17-2002, 12:15 AM
That's right, I can't kill those stupid dragon-things. I've recently restarted playing Zelda Classic and needless to say my skills just plain suck; it takes me about 10 hearts just to kill the 2-headed variety. Unfortunately, I'm now on ALTADD's 8th Light World level, fun fun fun, and I usually use up all my potions just GETTING to the boss, leaving me screwed when I actually have to beat it. I know some people can kill 40-headed ones without even getting hurt; what are so strategies for surviving?

Zaggarum
12-17-2002, 12:29 AM
The most simpliest thing is just to practice. Of coarse I not going to leave you at that. I always found it easier to battle them from the side instead of sitting smack dab in the middle. You can use super bombs and regular bombs as well on them.

vegeta1215
12-17-2002, 01:11 AM
What sword are you using to fight the Gleeok? The sword you use has a big effect on how easy it is to fight.

For regular Gleeok's, the heads go back and forth, and only one fire ball is fired at a time. Which head it comes from alternates. You can watch it and get an idea from how the heads are moving and where the fire ball is coming from next, so you can dodge. Also, try to remember which heads you hit. What you want to do is hit them all about the same amount, so when you give one the final blow to make it into a flying head, it will only take you one more hit to do the same with the other heads, and finish it off.

Here's a good thing to do for practice: Make a short quest with a two-headed Gleeok in it, and practice fighting it with just the Wooden Sword, and no ring. Once you can take him down, you will have a better idea on how to fight the ones with more heads.

KJAZZ
12-17-2002, 01:22 AM
Yeah, I learned how to fight them easily because Mario's Insane Rampage has a Gleeok in Level 2 which is fairly early, when you have 4 hearts with a Wooden Sword no ring.

Don't forget to hide in the doorway if it's available, you can't get hurt there.

ShadowTiger
12-17-2002, 09:12 AM
Except if it's a Gleeok 2, and it's head shoots fire. But since it's not, :D ! If you get into a really hairy situation, you can hit F3 and any time, and then keep a paper weight on F4 to slow down ZC enough for you to be able to dodge the Fireballs much more easily. F3 pauses the game, and F4 advances the game a frame, for screenshot purposes I assume. Happy Gleeok Hunting.

Jigglysaint
12-17-2002, 03:33 PM
You could always bait it with a few Zols, I here Gleeok loves to munch on them...

DarkFlameWolf
12-17-2002, 04:43 PM
*decides to evily put a 40-headed gleeok as boss 1. :P

ShadowTiger
12-17-2002, 05:39 PM
*sigh* DarkFlameWolf, no offense is meant by this, but...
Seriously
Pointless
Annoying
Material.
And that spells spam. Sorry Ma'am. 'Just my job. :shy:

I know that Gleeoks can be annoying. In Aegis Runestone's 163 third demo of Warrior's Rise, I could never defeat his 3 headed Gleeok with only 5 HC's. I'm still trying to figure out what was so very hard about that. Perhaps it was the lack of sufficient vertical room. Sure, if you have lots of horizontal room, you could do it, but it's just a lot easier if you have room all over to dodge the fireballs.

DarkFlameWolf
12-17-2002, 06:16 PM
and I must spell it out for you BH4
I
Really
Don't
Care

:) But I do have to say, gleeoks are quite hard without the proper swords, health, and potions.

Kairyu
12-17-2002, 06:38 PM
No, BH4, that's a MOD's job....

Anyway, I didn't know (or I'd forgotten... I forget.) Bombs worked on Gleeoks... I just thought the hammer, wand's staff and sword did. Well, keep moving. Don't bother trying to get more than one or two hits on the thing, and I try to avoid doing even two. Be patient, because I have yet to see a quest with a time limit on battles (It's possible with the beta, though... once I get it, or if I get it... I'll have stages like that, I guess.)

vegeta1215
12-17-2002, 07:42 PM
Bombs don't work on Gleeoks...at least I don't think they do :confuse2:

AlphaDawg
12-17-2002, 08:07 PM
No using bombs on Gleeoks... the only weapon other than a sword that works is, as anybody who has played the Official 3rd Quest would know, is the Magic Wand.

Jigglysaint
12-17-2002, 08:15 PM
And the kill all enemies item....

vegeta1215
12-18-2002, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by AlphaDawg
No using bombs on Gleeoks... the only weapon other than a sword that works is, as anybody who has played the Official 3rd Quest would know, is the Magic Wand.

Yep, I found that out after going through your trap in level 8...very sneaky AlphaDawg...I knew there was a point to that room full of Red Bubbles...

DarkDragon
12-18-2002, 12:07 AM
Yeah, I tried bombs, and they didn't work :(
I did finally beat him though... took me a potion and he was only 3-headed. The problem I have when fighting them is that whenever I hit them they fire back, and then I always get hit in the ass as I try to run away. Moving horizontally is hard since much of the sides are blocked off.

Zaggarum
12-18-2002, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by DarkFlameWolf
and I must spell it out for you BH4
I
Really
Don't
Care

:) But I do have to say, gleeoks are quite hard without the proper swords, health, and potions.

IRDC? :odd: I never heard this word :lol:

I knew I was wrong about the bombs. I was thinking since Manhandla get hurt by bombs, so do Gleeoks.

ShadowTiger
12-18-2002, 11:49 AM
Did anyone try superbombs? It probably won't work, but it can't hurt to try. :shrug:

Kairyu
12-18-2002, 03:48 PM
I was sure the hammer worked? ....

ShadowTiger
12-18-2002, 03:57 PM
:eyebrow: The hammer does work. Where are you getting a message that it doesn't? Remember, the hammer does 4 damage, i.e. the equivalent of the magic sword. (At this point, I'm starting to wonder if there is any corrolation between the word "magic" in both items. They both do 4 damage!)

Dr. Mutagen
12-20-2002, 07:49 PM
Here's a few tips for fighting those troublesome Gleeock 2s:

1: The Mirror Shield is a must, as you can block the fire with it.
2: If you seem to be in a tight spot, move to the corner of the room. Gleeock can't touch you there.
3. Make sure you have full health, a red potion, a blue ring or better, and an ample amount of heart containers if you even hope to beat this monstrosity.

Hope this helps!