PDA

View Full Version : Anyone noticed? The ZC main page has been updated!

vegeta1215
12-16-2002, 07:05 PM
I just noticed today as I went to check my ZC email. Looks like Zaph is really going to work. He's fixed alot of broken links, trying to sort out the tables, updated some files, fixed mirrors. He even added fatcatfan's map maker to the 3rd party software page! RIght on!

I'm excited now :D

ShadowTiger
12-16-2002, 07:13 PM
I was just there a few minutes ago. Talk about coincidences...

The page looks pretty good, (albeit identical to how it was before.) But it's very good that it's much more functional now. I used to check that page every single day months before I joined. And now it's back in full swing. (Hopefully the new enemies will be added too.)

Cronic
12-16-2002, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by Britannianhero4
(Hopefully the new enemies will be added too.)

Well that's up to warlock, but in the mean time as soon as it's finished ZC.com is welcome to borrow the ZCN guide/// basically it will be an expansion of Warlocks which I've gottn permission to build off of... For BS enemies it will include enemies pertaining to the BS quest (example No patra 3, but rather patra BS) so basically only enemies included in the actual quest will be displayed so for the full list newfirst will use all and contain an example of each... Ya follow? Since there's no official erepresentation for BS and Classic enemy expansions that seemed like the best way to handle it.

DarkFlameWolf
12-16-2002, 11:44 PM
true, but once the new betas are out, won't fatcatfan's mapmaker be obsolete? I thought DN broke the QSU format in 163 and above, making mapmaker useless.

Cronic
12-16-2002, 11:50 PM
Heh did but it will be available again for a beta 180 release.

KJAZZ
12-17-2002, 01:17 AM
Yeah, QSU's got fixed up so FCF said he's going to try to get one out soon..Yay! ;)

ZeldaLord
12-17-2002, 02:37 AM
92 broken links have been fixed

This is both funny and pathetic at the same time...

Anyway, I'm glad to see ZC.com is finally being updated, I guess Zaphod kept his promise. :D

Breaker
12-17-2002, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by ZeldaLord

This is both funny and pathetic at the same time...

...and also very nice of Zaphod. Glad to see you're thanking him for it.

Gerudo
12-17-2002, 11:04 AM
THANK YOU ZAPHOD FOR FIXING THE SITE I NEBAR VISIT!

:):):):):)

ShadowTiger
12-17-2002, 11:32 AM
Gerudo, .... Funky. :sweat:

:rolleyes:

Alright then. What are the links which were broken? I was there two weeks ago, and everything worked fine. Why? I don't know. Things always seem to work differently for me. (For example, in my 163 beta, the bats actually use the bat tiles instead of the keese tiles. Weird, huh?)

NeoPuff
12-17-2002, 12:32 PM
My bats use the right tiles as well :kawaii:
I'm gonna check now.

Cronic
12-17-2002, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by Breaker

...and also very nice of Zaphod. Glad to see you're thanking him for it.

Yes it was, but for the love of Christ Breaker yourwe the last one to have any say over who should be thanked... Many people have done thankless chores for ZC, and well you have done nothing but drive away and ban it's users... Honestly I don't see you as helpfull or useful in the least, and if you wanted to you could do great things for ZC and AG as a whole... Until you do however simply shut the fuck up please... It's gotten annoying ;)

Note: Zaph this was in no way meant to harsh your buzz, but it's just silly that someone who does nothing would tell so many what to be doing =p

Zaphod Q. IX
12-18-2002, 01:38 AM
I really wish this thread had not been made at all. Yes, it's being worked on. No, it's not perfect yet. Do I want people to kiss my ass? No. Would I appreciate a kind word every once in a while? Yes. Do Breaker and Cronic need to go around again bitching at each other? No. Am I closing this thread? Not yet. Am I tempted to? Of course. :P

Zeldaclassic.com is once again alive and kicking. You will hear lots about it in the future. Mostly me asking for help, since I cannot afford a computer right now that would be fast enough to run the beta (or 2.0 from what I hear...and I have a question...wth...I run lots of very advanced graphics programs on this computer...it seems ridiculous that it won't run ZC...can someone tell me why?).

I have some ideas on what to add to the site, and I'm in the process of asking the major figures in the ZC world what they would like to see added. I will, eventually, open it up, and ask for input from everyone. Right now though, I'm doing grunt work. Fixing links, finding and adding affiliates and zc links, updating the content that is version 1.84 specific that never got updated.

I invite every single one of you to stop by and check out my progress. You must bear in mind though...I work 4 jobs, and I can only update the site on Sundays and Mondays. Any other time I get to work on it is just luck.

It's in the early stages...give me some time, and the site will be something we can all be proud of. It didn't fall into disrepair overnight though...so don't expect me to fix it overnight.

I would really like to see this thread die...because there's really nothing to discuss...and if I see any more bickering, it will be an excuse for me to make this topic disappear to FS. ;)

Cronic
12-18-2002, 01:50 AM
I've said all I need to... Let me know what you need gathered from ZC and consider it done. And like I said it's the fact that you have 16 megs of ram on it... I don't know why but ZC is a suprisingly strong little program... Most editors are actually.

vegeta1215
12-18-2002, 11:27 AM
Sorry the thread got out of control somehow, I just wanted to make sure people were seeing the good work you've done Zaphodix :thumbsup: