PDA

View Full Version : Lets play with amps!

Verman
12-16-2002, 03:25 PM
Okay...

heres a question for you guys who may on one occation or another stumbled across the answer...

How do you hook a car amp up to power in your house? I have seen it done once a long time ago at a friend of my dads, he had the amp plugged into something and then into the wall the amp was plugged into speakers of course....

Hmz guess I could call a store in town that sets this shit up on racks but I want to see what the you guys may have stumbled across...

Oh yeah for future refrenece dont leave yer amp in yer car when it frosts up...my god the frost all over it was amazing.......thank god it still works.

War Lord
12-16-2002, 03:42 PM
Probably need to find an AC/DC convertor that puts out 12v DC.

Not sure why you'd want to though, a regular old, (even cheap) home audio reciever will beat out a car amp indoors in terms of audio quality.

Verman
12-16-2002, 03:46 PM
Yeah...but I already have a car amp thats going to be sitting around doing nothing for the next 3 months because im not putting it back in the car in this weather....next time it might actully break ;)

Well if i wanted to mess around I might be able to use a power supply from a computer it puts out 12v.....I just dont know if i could ground it with that too...

Then i gotta set them up on some kind of thing that will just pump bass to them....hmz....