PDA

View Full Version : For those of you who don't hate the XBOX controller

The Savior
12-16-2002, 08:59 AM
You know that it's possible to use the XBOX controller as a PC joypad? Just cut the connecter off, and solder on a USB connecter. If you don't want to cut up your controller, you can just as easily cut up an extention cord, although the wire colors might not match up. Be careful, as the data wires are rather small. Once you get that done, just download the drivers and enjoy.
http://www.grooveyardfunk.com/

AlexMax
12-16-2002, 03:53 PM
And this surprises you how?

The Xbox is, after all, a FUCKING PC!

Beldaran
12-16-2002, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by AlexMax

The Xbox is, after all, a FUCKING PC!

Which is why it is better than the gamecube.

Axel
12-16-2002, 04:33 PM
you didn't know that? you can do that with any controller. any at all!

MottZilla
12-16-2002, 04:34 PM
Actually it'd be a better idea to make a Xbox end adaptor to USB so you can still use your Xbox controller on your box. I however think the controller is NOT at all ideal for PC. I use a PSX dual shock pad on my PC. I think it's very useful for any type of game.

The Savior
12-16-2002, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by Axel
you didn't know that? you can do that with any controller. any at all! Umm, no. It is impossible to plug a (S)NES controller directly into a USB port and have it work. It may be possible with an N64 controller, but I doubt it. It also isn't possible with a GC controller. Granted, with a small circuit it would be possible to wire all of those to a USB port, but it isn't a simple solder-the-wires job.

MEGA MAN X
12-16-2002, 11:11 PM
i like them both yet i just want to have the games i like and some are on gc some are on xbox or ps2 so ...

AtmaWeapon
12-17-2002, 02:19 AM
I can plug an SNES controller into my parallel port.

MottZilla
12-17-2002, 02:48 AM
Because of a adaptor on the port. ;p Speaking of which... ;)

I currently have 1 controller on my pc which is usb psx controller.

Axel
12-17-2002, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by The Savior
Umm, no. It is impossible to plug a (S)NES controller directly into a USB port and have it work. It may be possible with an N64 controller, but I doubt it. It also isn't possible with a GC controller. Granted, with a small circuit it would be possible to wire all of those to a USB port, but it isn't a simple solder-the-wires job.
yes you can, you need an SNES extention cable, and a simple pin (damn, I forget what its called) adapter, but you can do is. yes, it is the simple, sodder-the-wires job.

The Savior
12-17-2002, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by Axel

yes you can, you need an SNES extention cable, and a simple pin (damn, I forget what its called) adapter, but you can do is. yes, it is the simple, sodder-the-wires job.

Interesting, as the SNES has one more necessary pin than a USB port.

Axel
12-18-2002, 08:37 AM
I think for the SNES you have to use a 27-pin connector. although, its been over a month since the last time I checked the instructions...

The Savior
12-18-2002, 08:47 AM
27 pin? might you be thinking of the parallel port? Either way, would you care to link to the instructions? I'm very intrigued at an easy way to get a SNES controller directly to my 'puter.

MottZilla
12-18-2002, 04:26 PM
Currently all SNES adaptor's I've seen use the parallel port and a program called Direct Pad Pro or something.

zables
12-20-2002, 07:03 PM
Wheres a site that i can get instructions on how to fit a consol controller to my PC?

The Savior
12-20-2002, 08:25 PM
http://www.arcadecontrols.com/Mirrors/www.ziplabel.com/dpadpro/

DukenukemX
12-20-2002, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by Beldaran

Which is why it is better than the gamecube.

Xbox is a fucking PC and GameCube is s shitty Mac.

Xbox has a real P3 733 Mhz chip. GC has a modified 400 Mhz PowerPC chip.

The GameCube is less of a Mac because it has a custom built video chip which also does sound and everything else.

The Xbox game pad is a USB device with one extra pin for power and shapped different so you can't connect it to a PC. Is it just me or are console systems becoming more like PCs? It seems like they update consoles every five years just to catch up to PCs.