PDA

View Full Version : metal gear for CUBE?

christiankhs
12-15-2002, 07:31 PM
its a rumour ,but anyone knows something about?
http://www.cube-europe.com/news.php?nid=3225
check out.
edit:also , nintendo buy sega and capcom! ??whata rumour:eek:

Artevoi
12-15-2002, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by christiankhs
edit:also , nintendo buy sega and capcom! ??whata rumour:eek:

That's about as likely as Microsoft buying Nintendo (which they tried to, but didn't succeed at).

zables
12-16-2002, 03:06 AM
Honestly, this bird aint gonna fly...
I cant see the MG franchise going to Nintendo when they've been with Sony for so long,
why would they?

AtmaWeapon
12-16-2002, 12:52 PM
OK, I had this huge, nice reply, but I read the topic wrong so I had to delete it.

The reason they may do it is statistics. If Capcom or Sega feel like they have more consumers with GCNs than PS2s, they will switch. If on their cross-platform games, GCN copies are outselling other copies by large percentages, they will cut production costs by simply not paying to have another version of the game.

On the same note, GCN is a console that Konami hasn't placed the MG series on yet. Perhaps they want to see how well it would do? They've got the money to withstand a failure. You've got to remember, not everyone has all three consoles. Some of us can only afford one, so when a company skips around or makes cross-platform releases, they make everyone happy.

DarkDragoonX
12-16-2002, 02:04 PM
It's just a rumor that got started at IGN. I think this sums it up fairly well:

http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/2002/20021216l.gif

christiankhs
12-16-2002, 03:20 PM
I cant see the MG franchise going to Nintendo when they've been with Sony for so long,
why would they?
oh man square was in the same and more exagerated position and now they are making his first game for cube.
like atmaweapon said."so when a company skips around or makes cross-platform releases, they make everyone happy".yes, that would be the best thing.
edit, if you see the page that i give you, the rumour has been changed , no more capcom and sega ,its GBA2 and pokemon for cube and shit. is good though .

AlexMax
12-16-2002, 03:55 PM
LOL @ DDX

MottZilla
12-16-2002, 04:43 PM
hehe. I like the comic strip. And ya, anything is possible, but at this point it's all speculation.