PDA

View Full Version : "Hey, let's mix two combos involving water!" *FREEZES*

Qusetonui
12-15-2002, 03:02 PM
Whenever I used combo cycling (Dive Warp and Water), the game somehow crashes (when I get to the item room). The Keese in the Item Room were on a non-walkable block and that caused the game to crash.

This bug originated with combo cycling introduction. This bug suddenly reappeared in Beta 180 for Windows, the current private beta. Does anyone have or had this problem before?

This is one reason why I want new water combos (Mermaid's scale, anyone?) because a dive warp and a pit combo does not work, along with item rooms with water and a regular combo. :cyclops:

EDIT: Aquamentus (left and right) are still not fixed in Beta 180 if you are using the new enemy tiles rule. They will both vanish and you cannot see them.

C-Dawg
12-15-2002, 09:42 PM
I'm guessing you set a cell to rapidly switch between a Dive Warp combo and a Water combo. I'm wondering.... why? A Dive Warp automatically acts like a water combo, doesnt it? I mean, Link can swim on it and all.

-C

Tygore
12-15-2002, 09:56 PM
Yeah, that is rather redundant...

Qusetonui
12-15-2002, 10:05 PM
Also, this enemy hates wall bug is a threat with Digdoggers (top part on unwalkable tile = CRASH) and it pops up a lot with wall combos. Some oldbies might remember in the early days of ZC, if an enemy (Wall Master) appears on an unwalkable tile, the game crashes. It was fixed in (I think) 1.90, but the bug has returned.

I was trying to use the "turbulant" water from Oracle of Ages and then the game crashed because four Keese were on a non-walkable tile in the Item Room. I mistakened the Dive Warp for a Swim Warp (kind of like a current) for unknown reasons. This w

C-Dawg
12-15-2002, 10:33 PM
Still not sure what you were trying to accomplish. A "current" would be a convayer/water cell, in my mind.

Anyway, I've been using Diggdoggers that can play around unwalkable combos with no problems at all. Something else is causing your crash.

-C

Qusetonui
12-15-2002, 10:44 PM
Could it be that I am using the Freeform dungeons rule? Maybe that should be the problem. Hope it's fixed in 181... or the bug may feel sorry for itself. I have to Alt-Tab out of ZC, then press Control-Alt-Delete to exit ZC. This bug is kind of inconvient for a ZC veteran, right?

All I have to do is make sure the freeform dungeon rule is causing ZC to crash (Digdoggers, like how I explained) and mission accomplished.

C-Dawg
12-15-2002, 11:05 PM
Freeform dungeon rule is pretty god damn redundant at this point, anyway. With lock blocks, what good reason do we have for EVER using dungeon Dmaps? Making sure secrets are temporary?

-C

Jigglysaint
12-15-2002, 11:11 PM
ew, no.

What we need is a rule to halt combo cycling for a screen, then a combo to resume it when you step on it. Would make almost flawless zelda 4 shutters

C-Dawg
12-15-2002, 11:12 PM
Aye, aye! Or, better yet, just combos that don't START to animate until they are visible on the screen.

-C