PDA

View Full Version : Tired of boring aol sounds?

Ich
12-14-2002, 04:47 PM
I opened the aol directory, opened the sounds folder, and opened them with sound recorder, sped them up by 100%, and then went to Control Panel: My Sounds and changed as part of my scheme (scroll down to find aol sounds) and configured it to play "You've got mail" at Chipmunk speed whenever I open aol.

Just something for the easily amused.

Fiyerstorm
12-14-2002, 05:02 PM
I've been knowing that....

I changed my AOL sounds altogether...

Rachel Stevens say's "Welcome", a cat meow's when I have mail, and Tina Barrett says "See ya later!".

:D

Rijuhn
12-14-2002, 11:24 PM
When my dad first got AOL I replaced all of the sounds with me screaming, cussing, whispering, or fake crying and finally my dad figured it out. It was funny as hell when my dad open up AOL only to jump from hearing me scream, lol.

Ich
12-15-2002, 12:34 AM
Your dad doesn't sound very technology literate.

Rijuhn
12-15-2002, 01:44 PM
Even if he was computer literate the fact that when he signed onto AOL he hears me yell and scream should still make him jump. It should make anyone jump, I think.

Fatty Lumpkin
12-15-2002, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by Rijuhn
When my dad first got AOL I replaced all of the sounds with me screaming, cussing, whispering, or fake crying and finally my dad figured it out. It was funny as hell when my dad open up AOL only to jump from hearing me scream, lol.

hehe! I remember when they came out with the 'AOL celebrity sounds'. YOU COULD ACTUALLY CHANGE THE SOUNDS!! *gasp!

I got austin powers! *You've got mail, baby!*

Of course, most AOL users didn't know you could change them at all. Including my mom.:D

MottZilla
12-16-2002, 01:00 AM
I got to the point with AIM that I could not stand the fucking sounds. Now, I have no AIM sounds and I feel much better. ;p