PDA

View Full Version : HELP! quest solution needed!

death2004
12-14-2002, 08:26 AM
HELP! i am making a quest, i have started a room, with 2 people having a chat, and the string chat does'nt load! whats going on? is there a bug in the next string option? or is it just a plain mistake?

NeoPuff
12-14-2002, 10:39 AM
If you van be more specific,we can help you.
What exactly did you do?

Zaggarum
12-14-2002, 01:12 PM
That would be good to. Listen to Neopuff. If I know what is wrong here, I would say you have a screen setup for a string. If this is a overworld, you can't assing strings to strings. Only on dungeons. To make a person talk on a overworld, you will need to enter a cave. There are more compex ways, but those are real hard to explain on the forums.

VEL
12-14-2002, 01:26 PM
The dmap has to be a cave or a dungeon, and the level # can't be 0, it has to be 1 or higher. There also must be a "guy" in the room.

Jigglysaint
12-14-2002, 01:35 PM
Make the guy a fire and deleate the fire sprite if possible(relocate the sprites for weapons) and use layer 2 for the persons talking.

Zaggarum
12-14-2002, 02:03 PM
So cave actully act the same way as dungeons when it comes to message strings :thumbsup: That will deffinetly help my intro in Adventure in Caletia.

death2004
12-15-2002, 12:22 PM
The room is a dungeon hallway, the 2 talking people are supposed to have the chat, it is the beginning (though i forgot about the level, Sugar!) of level 1 the guy is abei (copied him and pasted him elsewhere, then deleted original) note: the quest's demo 1 nearly finished!

DarkSFK
12-15-2002, 12:33 PM
So um..... did you get it to work? If not, do these things:

Name your DMap Intro or Chat, whatever.
Set the Dmap type to cave.
Set the level number to 230 something or up (Just something higher than 0).
Set the map number to whatever one you have the people on.
Go to the screen, and select guy> abei.
Set the string that the people use.

That's all. ;)