PDA

View Full Version : The Last Line of Defense

Beldaran
12-13-2002, 02:00 AM
I should point out first that I really like Microsoft and I appreciate their products and hard work. HOWEVER, I thought this was really funny.

I was talking with my band today, and the drummer (who is a lead programmer for a large company) was joking about this cartoon he saw where the Borg finally reach earth and they descend and start assimilating everything and everyone.

Unfortunately, one of the Borg drones landed in Redmond, after detecting a significant amount of technology. He goes into microsoft, jams his nodes into the nearest computer and begins assimilating microsoft. An hour later, back in the Delta quadrant at the main Borg base, the Borg leader sees the message

BORG.EXE HAS PERFORMED AN ILLEGAL OPERATION AND WILL NOW SHUT DOWN.

Suddenly, all the borg go limp and humanity prevails.

lol I thought that was funny.

EDIT: Having gone back and read this, I just realized what a geeky joke that is. lol

Axel
12-13-2002, 08:44 AM
that's nothing, try this one
Star Trek TNG meets Microsoft (http://specaill_ed.tripod.com/funny.html)

btw: I hate Microsoft and all their products, exepting AoE

Starkist
12-13-2002, 05:21 PM
Microsoft rules. They make a better product than the others, so the others complain... Gates gives away his money as fast as he can, but people still hate him.

Jigglysaint
12-13-2002, 05:24 PM
I just hate Star Trek...

Goat
12-13-2002, 05:37 PM
Microsoft is a good company. They have done more for the development and advancement of computer technology than everything else combined. I don't necessarily agree with all of teh tactics that they used to get to the top, and their software is not as great as it's supposed to be, and they are not or never were the best, just the smartest. And yes, Ages of Empire does indeed rule.

Beldaran
12-13-2002, 06:25 PM
yes, see my last sig quote.