PDA

View Full Version : ThinkGeek error in my favor!

AtmaWeapon
12-13-2002, 12:45 AM
I recently ordered the Logitech MouseMan Dual Optical (http://www.thinkgeek.com/computing/input/keyboards/5850/) for my less-than-1337 Quake skillz, and it was delivered today. However, rather than the mouse, they shipped me The Logitech Comfort Cordless Duo (http://www.thinkgeek.com/computing/input/keyboards/5b65/)! I was at first angry, because I had first ordered a sucky mouse and had to pay to send it back, and now it looked like I would have to pay to ship this back, as well. However, read the phone conversation and see if you can tell why I'm delighted:

Him: Thank you for calling... <blah blah generic how can I help you message>
Me: Yes, I know I'm supposed to email about returns, but my shipping slip and order history on the internet both say I got a mouse, but I got a cordless keyboard and mouse.

Him: Hold on a sec... what was your order number?

Me: <order number>.

Him: OK... You ordered the Logitech MouseMan Dual Optical?

Me: Yes.

Him: And what did you receive?

Me: It says... Logitech Freedom Cordless on it. I'm not paying to ship this crap back, man. I've already paid to ship the first mouse back, and this wasn't my fault.

Him: Well, we'll just ship you a MouseMan Dual Optical tomorrow.

Me: What do I do with this stuff? Ship it back? :angry:

Him: No, keep it.

Me: <pause> Keep it?

Him: Yes.

Me: Wow. Thanks man!

Him: No problem, is there anything else I can help you with?

Me: So it's mine now; I don't need to ship it back to you or pay?

Him: Nope.

Me: Well, I guess I'm done then.

<click>

w00t! Only thing I'm worried about now is I want an MX500 mouse, so I've got to call them and try and change the order tomorrow. I'm willing to pay extra for that bad boy. The mouse I did want seems to be a corded version of the mouse they sent me, and the buttons are TINY. Ah well. Merry Christmas to me from ThinkGeek, no?

Shadowblazer
12-13-2002, 01:10 AM
Wait wait wait. So they shipped you pretty much the same thing you ordered, except it was cordless and came with a keyboard... and now they're shipping you what you actually ordered as well, and you get to keep the cordless mouse/keyboard combo?

Damn.

Joshua Milton N
12-13-2002, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by AtmaWeapon
I recently ordered the Logitech MouseMan Dual Optical (http://www.thinkgeek.com/computing/input/keyboards/5850/) for my less-than-1337 Quake skillz, and it was delivered today. However, rather than the mouse, they shipped me The Logitech Comfort Cordless Duo (http://www.thinkgeek.com/computing/input/keyboards/5b65/)! I was at first angry, because I had first ordered a sucky mouse and had to pay to send it back, and now it looked like I would have to pay to ship this back, as well. However, read the phone conversation and see if you can tell why I'm delighted:

Him: Thank you for calling... <blah blah generic how can I help you message>
Me: Yes, I know I'm supposed to email about returns, but my shipping slip and order history on the internet both say I got a mouse, but I got a cordless keyboard and mouse.

Him: Hold on a sec... what was your order number?

Me: <order number>.

Him: OK... You ordered the Logitech MouseMan Dual Optical?

Me: Yes.

Him: And what did you receive?

Me: It says... Logitech Freedom Cordless on it. I'm not paying to ship this crap back, man. I've already paid to ship the first mouse back, and this wasn't my fault.

Him: Well, we'll just ship you a MouseMan Dual Optical tomorrow.

Me: What do I do with this stuff? Ship it back? :angry:

Him: No, keep it.

Me: <pause> Keep it?

Him: Yes.

Me: Wow. Thanks man!

Him: No problem, is there anything else I can help you with?

Me: So it's mine now; I don't need to ship it back to you or pay?

Him: Nope.

Me: Well, I guess I'm done then.

<click>

w00t! Only thing I'm worried about now is I want an MX500 mouse, so I've got to call them and try and change the order tomorrow. I'm willing to pay extra for that bad boy. The mouse I did want seems to be a corded version of the mouse they sent me, and the buttons are TINY. Ah well. Merry Christmas to me from ThinkGeek, no?

All I can say AtmaWeapon is SWEET!:D :D

Maverick_Zero
12-13-2002, 12:29 PM
Lucky d00d, hehe thinkgeek is a pretty good place with what I order from them.

Warlock
12-13-2002, 02:34 PM
hehe.. yeah, I preordered WarCraft 3 CE from GameStop and they accidentally sent me two copies of it :D

vegeta1215
12-13-2002, 03:51 PM
Very nice. Think Geek rocks! :D

Hopefully, I'll get a gift certificate or something for their site so I can pick up a few t-shirts or something for christmas. I love that store :)

MottZilla
12-13-2002, 03:53 PM
HAHA. That's always fun. The thing is once a company sends you something, it's too much trouble for them to take 1 back. That's probably why alot of the time they just tell you to keep it.

inori
12-14-2002, 07:47 AM
Not to mention it's one heck of a PR stunt.

I need to get my blanket ordered from them (my Christmas present). My mom is actually going to get it for me, so I have to order it with her credit card. :thumbsup: Always fun to spend someone else's money...

Raichu86
12-14-2002, 11:22 AM
Maybe I should order from Think Geek more often. The only thing I've ordered from them so far is my "rm -rf /bin/ladin" T-Shirt (it was on clearance). :D