PDA

View Full Version : Bugs, suggestions, and cool tricks

Jigglysaint
12-13-2002, 12:36 AM
First of all, I have comfermed that for the very lest, layer 2 does not trigger secret flags. This certainly needs to be fixed. Second, I have noticed that through combo cycling, you can make timed chests. In other words, if you link a floor tile to a chest combo, and place flag 10 on, it will trigger. This can be used to make that chest that disappears within Snake Remains in OOS when time runs out. It could also be used to make chests that appear after somthing. Here's my thought: Have a combo that, when stepped on, will resume any combo cycling for a room that would have a flag to stop all animation untill such combo is stepped on. This could also be incorperated into more screen flags as well. You defeat the enemies which makes the animation resume. That makes the chest appear and it should work fine. I am also working on a way to make shutters work in freeform like in LA.

Speaking of LA, it would be good to eventually see a quest rule to have "LA style doors and dungeons". The doors could only use 2 out of 4 of the tiles in a door combo to show up right, and it would appear at the very top of the screen. Also, there would be another rule to elimanate any trace of the border for cave or dungeon maps so you can use any weapon anywhere on screen. Also, somthing that has it so that maybe if link appears in the inner border, all shutters shut, otherwise, they stay open.

I'm going to find more bugs. So far, I have been able to make an almost perfect copy of Tail Cave for LA, with the exception of the roc's feather, the resolution of ZC, and the fact that there is no boss key block. I would have to say that for the most part, freeform dungeons are officially in.

StarFox
12-13-2002, 05:15 AM
Originally posted by Jigglysaint
You defeat the enemies which makes the animation resume. That makes the chest appear and it should work fine.

Actually, I'm fairly sure you can do this already. When you defeat all the enemies, it triggers a secret with the enemies -> secret screenflag. Instead of wasting a flag to create a chest with the 16-31 flags, which would then render the chest useless, use the "Stair" secret combo in the secret combo section, and place the stair square whereever you want the chest to appear. In the stair secret combo slot, you can put a combo of a small puff of smoke that animates into a slashable chest. ;)

Jigglysaint
12-13-2002, 01:47 PM
no, I have tried that with earlier versions. You can't use the stairs to make chests appear.