PDA

View Full Version : Anyone who's played Ogre Battle: (Not 64)

tgf_guy
12-13-2002, 12:34 AM
How can I calculate what the level of the enemy units I'm fighting is?

I'm trying to turn my Wizards into Mages, but whacking away at the enemies to get to high enough levels is killing my CHA and ALI. Yet if I send a weaker unit out to fight the stronger characters, they get wiped out...

Help? :(

Mak-X
12-13-2002, 12:39 AM
Urgh... I can offer no help. I have the game and I started over 3 times, only getting to like 1/4th of the game. I've been meaning to play it again and get the Prima strategy guide. All I can suggest is take a good look in your instruction manual. You have to balance out your characters and make sure that there isn't too many chaotic characters. If you put 1 Chaotic character in a group of uh theLawful characters, the 1 should go Lawful. If a strong group keeps fighting weak enemies, their alignment goes bad. You gotta balance stuff out unless you want everyone to go chaotic. Mix some weaker troops in with stronger ones, or have your weaker troops finish off an enemy so you'll suffer less loses.

tgf_guy
12-13-2002, 12:44 AM
I'm going with the, "uber party" sentiment. (Current party: Lans and a Knight in front, two wizards in the back, one dollmage in the back.) I'm also planning on eventually adding an Amazon to the group so that I can level her up so that if I get a Crown, I can have an uber Princess character.

Granted, most of them are evil magic users and whatnot, but they're incredibly powerful and can dust just about anything. Where my problem lies. :(

tgf_guy
12-13-2002, 12:54 AM
Oh, crap, I feel like such an idiot. I just had to click on the enemy units to find out. >_<

Nevermind...

mrz84
12-13-2002, 10:26 AM
i always built a unit i called my SWAT team. whenever i needed help to clean up the field when my unit were too weak, i pulled some back and sent in my SWAT team unit which consists of a vampire, a lich and 3 werewolves/were tigers in front. i equip white magic weapons on the guys in front so theis unit can take on anything weither its living or undead. :kawaii:

Joshua Milton N
12-13-2002, 12:21 PM
I've never played the Ogre Battle game that wasn't on the N64 at all so I can't offer you any help at all.

Sorry.

mrz84
12-13-2002, 12:35 PM
well it IS a hard game to find to even rent. both of the places that had it for rental (not buying mind you) were rented one t ime and were never returned to my knowledge. :shrug: i haven't played the real thing since. all i got is the rom. :kawaii:

Cloral
12-13-2002, 06:23 PM
According to the article I read about this game, the way to go is to give yourself the edge by equiping weapons (as they arn't counted towards your strength when the reputation stuff is calculated). This game is seriously complicated though if you want to finish it with a good score. I would suggest you check out GameFAQs.com; they're sure to have lots of useful information about this game.

fatcatfan
12-13-2002, 06:34 PM
I have that game on SNES. It is the only SNES game I own which I never completed. I was doing rather well, I think, and was rather far into the game, but then N64 came along.... I guess I should pull the cart out and see if the save battery still works, see where I was.

I do remember that I had basically one evil alignment party which did most of my cleanup work. It was the wizard guy that you get at the beginning, and two gryphons (or whatever they had evolved into). They could move swiftly (since they were flying) and were often powerful enough to do the work by themselves.

mrz84
12-14-2002, 03:53 PM
you mean warren (wizard guy as you put it) and the cockatrice (gryphon evolutions) i put him, and some other main characters into lans' unit and had them kick large portions of town guarding ass, then move alog while letting some other unit that's best suited for the job liberate it. :kawaii: