PDA

View Full Version : how do i make it where you have to...

zeldamaniac2733
12-13-2002, 12:25 AM
have to kill all bosses if theres more than 1 boss in a room?

raptorscyther
12-13-2002, 01:43 AM
How do you mean, kill everything in the room and then allow access to the triforce room or..??

If so, then usually, you create a room with shutters, one that leads from where you entered and one that goes to the triforce room. Then, you set up the screen flag: Enemies -> Secret which makes the shutters open when you kill all enemies and the enemy flag: Dungeon Boss.

Praethus
12-13-2002, 01:47 AM
There is a quest rule called Must Kill All Bosses or something like that.

Cloral
12-13-2002, 04:04 AM
Yeah. That's exactly it. Set the 'Must Kill all bosses' rule and it'll work exactly how you want.

Teutonic Knight
12-13-2002, 08:43 AM
Iv' never heard of the 'Must kill all bosses" rule, but it sounds good for the way it works.

ShadowTiger
12-13-2002, 09:10 AM
So when you kill one of the bosses, when you return they're all there again. HEY! That gives me a great idea for events!

Everyone, try to keep that rule on when using events, otherwise keep one boss to it. Let's see if this works.........

Verbatim
12-13-2002, 06:18 PM
If you're thinking, BH4, that turning that rule on will mean you have to kill all the enemies in two different rooms labled as boss rooms before the secret would activate, or anything else related to boss flags, you're wrong...that rule has nothing to do with boss flags.

It has to do with boss-class enemies, which were buggy in the original LoZ...if there were two boss-class enemies in a room and you killed one of them, left the room, and re-entered, both of them would be dead. "Must kill all bosses" makes it so that boss-class enemies act like normal enemies as concerns dieing and coming back. If you want to make it so that all the enemies in a room come back unless you kill them all, that's done by checking the "enemies always return" screen flag.

Teutonic Knight
12-13-2002, 06:31 PM
"enemies always return", does not work for me...