PDA

View Full Version : Whatever happened to Soul Calibur 2?

DarkDragoonX
12-12-2002, 06:54 PM
It's vanished. It's not even listed on Namco's U.S site... what the hell? It's been around a year since it was announced... but there hasn't been any new information on it in ages... I KNOW it hasn't been cancelled, but must they keep us in the dark? Soul Edge/Blade and Soul Calibur were two of my favorite fighting games, and the ONLY games to effectively mimic actual melee combat (with weapons). As opposed to other fighting games (3D and otherwise), where the main strategy is to rush in and attack with excessively powerful moves and combos, Soul (X) games required you to hang back and get the enemy to overextend himself, at which point you step in and pull off a few hits, then dash back out... good stuff.

mrz84
12-12-2002, 07:51 PM
maybe they're pulling a celda on us? :shrug:

Maverick_Zero
12-12-2002, 08:48 PM
I doubt they cancelled it, but who care's if they keep us in the dark a bit about it.

DarkDragoonX
12-12-2002, 10:42 PM
I care. I want to know whether or not we're getting another Edge Master mode, and, more importantly, if Seigfried is going to be a character, because if not, someone at Namco is gonna die.

MEGA MAN X
12-13-2002, 02:29 AM
this was a cool first game and i thought that the weapons were an awsome add! to fighting games

WarOmnimon
12-13-2002, 02:39 AM
I've played both Soul Edge/Blade and Soul Calibur. Awesome games.

Blonde799
12-13-2002, 07:33 AM
DDX, I thought siegfried was already confirmed as a character?:confuse2:

El Oso Verde
12-13-2002, 03:35 PM
What are you guys talking about? I've played SC2. One of the arcades at University of Houston has it, and so does one of the malls around here.

DarkDragoonX
12-13-2002, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by Blonde799
DDX, I thought siegfried was already confirmed as a character?:confuse2:

I don't know, I haven't had a chance to play it at the local arcade...

Oso: I know it's out in the arcades. The point is that they said they were making a PS2/Gamecube port, but it's been nearly a year since they've said anything new about it.

MottZilla
12-13-2002, 08:45 PM
It's at my local arcade man. It came out in november without much fuss, as most arcade games do. It looks like DC's SC1, only much better, nice new additions and such. I wonder when the GC port will be out...