PDA

View Full Version : Famitsu gives Wind Waker Perfect Score

Warlock
12-11-2002, 07:09 PM
Quite good, considering only 3 other games have gotten a perfect score in that magazine (OoT was one of them):
http://cube.ign.com/articles/380/380007p1.html

The feeling of excitement and impact this game provokes is as prominent as, if not moreso than, Ocarina of Time. It feels very new, while still maintaining the Zelda atmosphere. The feeling of realism is taken to a new level, yet it feels refreshingly different thanks to the unique animation. Game expression of a new dimension are here. The story begins developing quickly and travelling becomes a very important part of the game. Gameplay is also very firm - It is intense, and playing is the only way to experience it.

The method of expression, game atmosphere and characteristics, and fantastic production work together to perform a chemical reaction that is something of a miracle. It is obvious that the main goal of this game is to present to the gamer an excellent form of entertainment and fun. But it is also pleasant to carry out your objectives. The player cannot help but fall in love with this world - it is everything you think it cannot possibly be.

Though some people were a bit skeptical of the animation and art style, when you play, you will forget your fears. The expression of the characters, such as the movement of their eyes, will allow you to understand the intended feeling and take you by the hand. You will be emotionally touched, and at times you will feel the urge to cry. The puzzles and battles are sometimes quite difficult, and it is a very rewarding experience.

Joy, anger, grief, and happiness are woven throughout each event; they are felt during the puzzle-solving, and they are conveyed through each facial expression. And the feelings build as the game unfolds little by little. Quite like the child who plays a game for the very first time, your heart will be shaken. The way the game is designed, new players (and old fans alike) will be able to effortlessly pick up the controller and be engulfed in the experience without giving it a second thought.

40/40

Also check this out:
http://cube.ign.com/articles/380/380005p1.html

Next week Famitsu will have the scoop on a new game. cool! :D Hope it's a good one :)

IGN also has the Japanese commercial up.

Fiyerstorm
12-11-2002, 08:02 PM
Wow. The reviewer almost cried, lol. I must get it now!

Rijuhn
12-11-2002, 10:39 PM
I already know I'm getting mine, so all I have to do is wait.

AtmaWeapon
12-12-2002, 03:58 PM
OMG. That makes me glad I preordered. What were the other games that got a perfect from famitsu?

Warlock
12-12-2002, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by AtmaWeapon
OMG. That makes me glad I preordered. What were the other games that got a perfect from famitsu?

You preordered already? I'm waiting until they start giving away the free OoT/Ura Zelda disks :D

Anyways, the other three that got perfect scores were Vagrant Story, Soul Calibur, and Ocarina of Time

AlexMax
12-12-2002, 09:42 PM
And on that night, the fears of the 'cellda' haters were dashed.

By the way, was Metroid Prime ever released in Japan? If so, what did it get?

Grasshopper
12-12-2002, 11:25 PM
Metroid Prime won't be release before the end of this year.

Zaggarum
12-12-2002, 11:46 PM
About the preorder thing, I e-mailed nintendo and you can do it trough them. There is suppose to be a thing about it in the up comeing issue. If not, the next. I heard that Wind Waker may not be realeased till March 24th. Hope this is wrong.

Warlock
12-13-2002, 12:15 AM
The nice thing though, is that supposively if you preorder at a store (such as Electronics Botique or GameStop/Software Etc/etc) then you can get the OoT/Ura Zelda disk right there when you preorder! w00t! ;) So you can play OoT in Feb. while you are waiting for Wind Waker to come out ;)

tgf_guy
12-13-2002, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by AlexMax
And on that night, the fears of the 'cellda' haters were dashed.

A single review from a gaming magazine in Japan is not enough to change my opinion on something.

AtmaWeapon
12-13-2002, 12:56 AM
What I'm doing is this:

EB.com hasn't charged my account yet. What I think they are doing is they won't charge until they ship. SO, with that in mind, when you can preorder in stores, I'm going to attempt a preorder in local stores (read, the 1 EB within 100 miles). If that EB is out of the preorder discs, I will keep the order online, as the page online pretty much promised you'd get it, and if I have to cut some scrotums open I'll do it to get that thing. If they have them at the store, I'll preorder there, get the disc, and cancel the online order.

Foolproof. :)