PDA

View Full Version : yet another forum suggestion...

Gerudo
12-11-2002, 05:20 AM
hmm, heres an idea to pitch around the ballfield:

AN IMAGING FORUM

all things centered around images, how to make them, and how to make them better...

my total lack of ability of imaging (and almost everything else for that matter) got me thinking... Anyways, there are knowledgable people in this subject that could help others...

thoughts?

Beldaran
12-11-2002, 05:27 AM
Well, I consider myself an amateur fancy pants when it comes to imaging and photoshopping. I don't know if the subject warrants its own forum, but if it came about I'm sure I'd post in it, offering whatever smatterings of advice I may have.

Gerudo
12-11-2002, 05:32 AM
I don't know if the subject warrants its own forumprobably not... :shrug:

but if it did, id have to pay close attention... id like to learn how to do basic imaging with photoshop, but everytime i open it to mess around, i either get lost or lose interest very quickly.. :(

Ich
12-11-2002, 11:23 AM
Good idea: Yes.
Forum Good: No.

Maybe just a topic in GD would suffice.

The Savior
12-11-2002, 05:01 PM
I've asked WL for this before, and he never replied. :shrug: I'd like one very much.

Fiyerstorm
12-11-2002, 05:15 PM
A Photoshoppe contest home...I doubt it tho..WL said no to my Rice Krispies Treats Lover forum idea so blah....

Beldaran
12-11-2002, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by Fiyerstorm
WL said no to my Rice Krispies Treats Lover forum idea so blah....

Well duh.:laughing:

Actually, we could change the name of the web development forum to "Web Dev and Imaging Help" or something. That could potentially double the traffic of an already quiet forum.

Paradox
12-11-2002, 05:43 PM
you should change your idea from "imaging" to "imaging and animation" which would add things like animated gifs and flash etc.

ShadowTiger
12-11-2002, 05:55 PM
I think that this would go in entertainment.

But it is still a good idea. It's just that, after quite a long time here, I've managed to have wound up with no idea for a forum, because all of them are generally well accounted for.

Maverick_Zero
12-11-2002, 06:14 PM
Sounds like a good idea, and with the animation thing it's even better, so maybe, it could be done.

Gerudo
12-11-2002, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by Beldaran
Actually, we could change the name of the web development forum to "Web Dev and Imaging Help" or something. That could potentially double the traffic of an already quiet forum. well, i guess your right... theres a good idea, just goes to show, when theres a good idea, theres an equal or better other idea somewhere :laughing:

Jemsee
12-11-2002, 06:49 PM
Speaking of which...
Hay Savior! (Keeper of the AGN photoshop contest! I currently have 50 points. The next deadline is undetermined at the present.)

How come you haven't done a PS contest in ever so long???

Fiyerstorm
12-11-2002, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by Beldaran

Well duh.:laughing:

Actually, we could change the name of the web development forum to "Web Dev and Imaging Help" or something. That could potentially double the traffic of an already quiet forum.

How about rename it, "Web Dev., Imaging, Animation, and Rice Krispies Treats Discussion Forum"???

The Savior
12-11-2002, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by Jemsee
Speaking of which...
Hay Savior! (Keeper of the AGN photoshop contest! I currently have 50 points. The next deadline is undetermined at the present.)

How come you haven't done a PS contest in ever so long???

Umm, because I'm ahh, lazy...

There will be something soon, I promise.