PDA

View Full Version : Sonic Gold Version 0.5 Demo

Michael Moore
12-11-2002, 12:42 AM
This is my current Sonic Game I am working on. It is in early stages yet.

Click here to get demo from its download spot. (http://66.28.159.187/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2323)

gdorf
12-11-2002, 01:45 AM
Its pretty good. I have some suggestions though:

1.) Make the sprite of Sonic standing still change depending on which way you last headed. This should be an easy fix, and will prevent sonic from running left then randomly facing right.

2.) Jumping feels .. not right. Mess with it some, I'm sure you can find some example code on the net. And also, I think it'd feel better if you couldn't just hold the jump button down and hop all over the place. This is also easy to code.

3.) The clouds are too... real. For the cartoony feel of sonic I think some nice cartoon-like clouds would look nice flying overhead.

Maybe a couple of these things should have been taken care of before a public demo.. but it's still fun, and I hope you keep working on it. :)

Keep us posted!

skidphyzz
12-11-2002, 01:23 PM
I never knew untill now that there could be half a version of something

Tygore
12-12-2002, 12:23 AM
It's called a demo. Sometimes referred to as public beta.

DarkDragon
12-12-2002, 08:24 AM
Pretty nice; I have a few suggestions though:
1. The crab guys can't hurt me, for some reason.
2. Have sonic curl up into a ball when he jumps, and have him be able to kill enemies while curled up. Perhaps there's a key that already does this; I just can't figure it out.

theplustwo
12-12-2002, 01:38 PM
some programs take a verry long time to reach version 1. Just think of mozilla. It's been around for several years, yet its at version 1.2.1 right now. But slow version progression isn't necessarily a bad sign, it usualy produces more stable programs. Some programs are abandoned before they ever make version 1.

EDIT: When you jump to the left, sonic still faces to the right. I think some background music would make it way better, too. Good luck! :D

Michael Moore
12-12-2002, 04:19 PM
Thanks for the replies. I am working hard on it. Its my first game. I like the Idea of making him into aball when he jumps. Good stuff people.:cool:

Samson007
12-12-2002, 06:17 PM
Hehe.

Thats pretty fun.

Some funky music would spice it up a bit.

And have him able to curl up and ZOOOOOOM out.