PDA

View Full Version : Zelda Classic 1.92 Beta 180

Dark Nation
12-11-2002, 12:08 AM
This is a bug-fix release.

DO NOT SAVE OVER OLD QUESTS WITH THIS VERSION! THERE IS A VERY GOOD POSSIBILITY THAT YOU WILL CORRUPT SOMETHING! THE NEXT BETA MIGHT NOT READ QUESTS FROM THIS BETA! USE THE LATEST PUBLIC BETA INSTEAD!

1. Fixed (I think) the bug with changing the map count.

2. Lockblocks can now be activated if they are in any way blocking your movement (before, you had to be lined up if you were moving vertically).

3. Lock blocks now sound like a door opening when you activate them.

4. Changed F1 back to VSync and made Ctrl-F1 the constant screenshot command.

5. Mouse Scrolling in the combo list now works again.

6. QSU export/import works now (this includes the backup feature).

7. Fixed the reflected fireball auto-homing bug.

8. Fixed the bug with multiple bomb placement.

9. Fixed the bug with save game icons not showing the proper ring color.

10. Fixed the bug where Link couldn't unlock door on the top of dungeon rooms if the Freeform Dungeon quest rule was enabled.

11. Fixed the bug where Wave Warps would show up as No Warps and vice-versa (quests higher than beta 167 may possibly have to be manually fixed to work right).

12. Screen data changes (Data->Screen Data) counts as a change, so telling ZQuest to exit will ask you if you want to save, if you haven't done so already.

13. Fixed movement inside doors in dungeons so it's like it was in Zelda 1 again (if you are inside a horizontal doorway, you can't face up or down, and if you are in a vertical doorway, you can't face left or right) unless you have the Freeform Dungeon quest rule checked.

14. Fixed tall grass/shallow water ripple hit detection to check Link's feet instead of his head.

Anyway, here are the files.

Zelda Classic 1.92 Beta 180 for DOS (http://zelda-gaming.com/zb/zc192b180/zc192b180d.exe)
+zelda.exe
+zquest.exe

Zelda Classic 1.92 Beta 180 for Windows (http://zelda-gaming.com/zb/zc192b180/zc192b180w.exe)
+zelda-w.exe
+zquest-w.exe

Here's the additional support files:

Zelda Classic 1.92 Beta 159+ Support Archive (http://zelda-gaming.com/zb/zc192b159/zc192b159s.exe)
+1st.qst
+2nd.qst
+3rd.qst
+new enemy tiles.pdf
+new.til
+newfirst-fixed.qst
+sfx.dat
+zelda.dat
+zgp.dat
+zquest.dat
+zquest.txt

Zelda Classic 1.92 Beta 177+ Windows Support File (copy this to your beta folder) (http://zelda-gaming.com/zb/zc192b177/alleg41.dll)
+alleg41.dll

Zelda Classic 1.92 Beta 173 Default Graphics Pack (http://zelda-gaming.com/zb/zc192b173/zgp.dat) (download this only after you have the support archive)
+zgp.dat

Zelda Classic 1.92 Beta 179+ Data File (http://zelda-gaming.com/zb/zc192b179/zelda.dat) (download this only after you have the support archive)
+zelda.dat

Zelda Classic 1.92 Beta 159 Zelda 3 Sound Patch (http://zelda-gaming.com/zb/zc192b159/sfx3.dat)
+sfx3.dat (rename your sfx.dat file to sfx1.dat, then rename this to sfx.dat)

Starkist
12-11-2002, 12:16 AM
Each new beta is like an early Christmas present. :) I especially like #14.

Teilyr
12-11-2002, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by Dark Nation
8. Fixed the bug with multiple bomb placement.Are you refering to the fact that you could place 3 bombs on the screen at once in 179? I kind of liked that, even if it wasn't keeping to the original.

bigjoe
12-11-2002, 12:19 AM
I like the fact that youre focusing more on fixing up bugs now :) It shows great responsibility. Im only ashamed that I cant find enough bugs :p

KJAZZ
12-11-2002, 12:25 AM
I totally agree with BigJoe. Excellent work, fixing bugs is always great. I need to find more as well..mine tend to be features of some sort..o_O And as for the Multiple Bomb thing, maybe a rule could be put in? Or in Initial Data, maybe how many you could lay at once? For example, you could set it, like 2 Max always, or 50% of your max bombs, or 25%, or whatnot..

VEL
12-11-2002, 12:32 AM
I found some bugs.

In some quests there are screens with a guy who gives you an item, and after you take the item the guy dissapears and the secret flags are activated using "enemies->secret". In this beta the secrets are activated when you enter the room.
I think the earlier betas counted the "guy" as an enemy and beta 180 doesn't count the "guy" as an enemy. So when he disapeared in the earlier betas it was the same as killing all the enemies.

I was on map 4 of a quest in zquest, then I opened up a quest with less than 4 maps. When I did that it either crashes or it goes to a messed up "map 4" (which doesn't exist in that quest), that has a bunch of random tiles.

Teilyr
12-11-2002, 01:03 AM
QSU's work. *dances* Now we can finally get another version of mapmaker.

fatcatfan
12-11-2002, 12:16 PM
Yes, I'll try to get on that this weekend.

KJAZZ
12-11-2002, 09:03 PM
Yay! New Map Maker sounds really great right now..;)

Raichu86
12-12-2002, 01:39 PM
Conveyors also pay attention to Link's head instead of his feet, as tall grass and shallow water did prior to this. Think you could fix that?

And I think the 3 bombs at once could be an init data field. LTTP allowed 2 at once, so it might be cool to have that option. :)

Nick
12-12-2002, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Dark Nation
1. Fixed (I think) the bug with changing the map count.

5. Mouse Scrolling in the combo list now works again.

6. QSU export/import works now (this includes the backup feature).

Yay! Most of the annoying stuff (to me anyway) has been fixed! :)

As for bugs currently present, I've noticed that in large mode in Zquest, the problem with east shutters showing west shutter tiles is still present. I've also noticed mouse scroll doesn't work in large mode (even though it stays checked in the options).

Dark Nation
12-12-2002, 04:46 PM
Actually, the mouse scroll does work. But the position the mouse has to be in is hard coded. The mouse x coordinate has to be between 256 and 319 and the y has to be either 16 or 219. I doubt large mode will make it into the full release (at least not the next full release).

KJAZZ
12-13-2002, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by KJAZZ
And as for the Multiple Bomb thing, maybe a rule could be put in? Or in Initial Data, maybe how many you could lay at once? For example, you could set it, like 2 Max always, or 50% of your max bombs, or 25%, or whatnot..

Originally posted by Raichu86
And I think the 3 bombs at once could be an init data field. LTTP allowed 2 at once, so it might be cool to have that option. :)

Umm..yes. I like my idea better, with the percentages and all. But I still think it should be in the initial data, maybe how many arrows can be on the screen at once too? And if you put the bomb in DN, don't forget super bombs..

texasdex
12-19-2002, 07:30 PM
I'd like to have Large Mode (i'm assuming that it just doubles the size of the ZC and ZQ window when windowed) because I run at a pretty high resolution so it'd be nice to be able to see the tiny screen.

Just curious, any plans as to when we're freezing the feature set? I'm not saying that we should hurry and deliver a buggy final release but this version has been in the works for some time now, and we should probably pick some point to stop.