PDA

View Full Version : .lamp files?

AtmaWeapon
12-10-2002, 07:07 PM
I finally found a way to get Kazaa to work with my campus network, but there's something really bothering me. It found 81 files that were placed in my "other" section. They are named exactly the same as some of my mp3s, but they have the extension ".lamp" added to them. For example, there's a file called "Led Zeppelin - Coda - 07 Bonzo's Montreaux.mp3.lamp" that is the exact same size as the MP3 with that name.

My only guess is that my easy CD creator is making these files, as they all seem to be mp3s I remember burning to CDs. Anyone know anything about these files?

Ich
12-10-2002, 10:12 PM
First of all, get Kazaa lite. Smaller, faster, and free from ads and spyware. Second of all, just burn copies of other people's cd's. Or try renaming the files to .MP3.

BebyGoku
12-10-2002, 10:25 PM
Well i have kazaa and its kinda annoying when i got it it had put 375 in my other folder alll with vareying names and .mpeg...etc so i just deleted them and it did nothing to my pc

Saffith
12-10-2002, 10:46 PM
According to someone on another board, it's LyricsAmp thatdoes that. And that's all they said, so I hope it helps.

Also, while searching for stuff, I found a wide variety of slightly less than relevant pages, ranging from "... free sex mp3 net. I turned off the overhead free sex mp3 light and switched on the free sex mp3 lamp by the bed. I smiled and led ..." to "... below. I turned off the overhead free lesbian fucking mp3 light and switched on the free lesbian fucking mp3 lamp by the bed. Occasionally ..."
Simply fascinating.

AtmaWeapon
12-10-2002, 10:47 PM
Can't get Kazaa lite. Right now, the only filesharing programs that work on my network are WinMX and Kazaa. You have to do some funky configuration to get Kazaa to work, too. I used Spybot Search and destroy to remove the spyware anyway. :p

I'm just trying to figure out if these files are important of if I can delete them.

I do run the LyricsAmp component, but why the crap does it copy the mp3? I'm going fool with it right now...

deathbyhokie
12-10-2002, 10:54 PM
some cd burners will make an inamge of the file on your computer. i'm not sure what it does, but that very well may be it

AlexMax
12-10-2002, 11:10 PM
How did you get it to work, exactly?