PDA

View Full Version : do dogs have bellybuttons

CrAcKeR
12-10-2002, 06:48 PM
ok i have been serching and serching..i havent found a belly button yet.
post here if u have something to say bout it

moocow
12-10-2002, 06:52 PM
You're disturbed. Don't go to college. Save your money to go to a mental hospital.

Tygore
12-10-2002, 06:58 PM
Yes, but fur often covers it up. Only mammals not to have belly buttons are the echidna and duck-billed platypus.

AtmaWeapon
12-10-2002, 06:58 PM
Dogs are not born with an umbilical cord, so the answer is no, dogs do not have a belly button.

[EDIT] You sure about that, Tygore? I'm only talking off my head; if there's an article or something I'll send it to the "learned-something-new" department.

Yoshiman
12-10-2002, 08:34 PM
The umbillical cord is chewed off by the mother at birth. At least in a cat's species.

Maverick_Zero
12-10-2002, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by Tygore
Yes, but fur often covers it up. Only mammals not to have belly buttons are the echidna and duck-billed platypus.

Technically their marsupials. ;)

Rijuhn
12-10-2002, 11:24 PM
Same here, I could never and still can't find my dogs belly button, so I guess they don't have them. That's also the way to tell if someone is a clone, I think.

CrAcKeR
12-14-2002, 12:05 PM
dammit..i called the vet to ask them..they hung up on me..so i guess its still a question that no body knows

Maverick_Zero
12-14-2002, 01:00 PM
If you want me to I could MAKE the dog have a belly button.

Tygore
12-14-2002, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by Maverick_Zero

Technically their marsupials. ;)

No they aren't...
nd marsupials fall under Mammals anyway. Echidna/Platypus have their own class of mammal (and if anyone gets on saying something like "You mean Order! It should be order!" I'll kill them)

ATMA- I was also talking off the top of my head. I'll look something up later.

EDIT- I accidentally closed the window, but the gist of what I read is this: dogs have bellybuttons, but not like people do. They do have little scars where the cord cut off (which I believe happens just BEFORE birth, but not sure), but they don't have one like people do.

blckscab
12-14-2002, 05:53 PM
Congrats!
You have made the most strangest thread this week.
You will now have a bomb sent to your front door:D

If the animal isnt born with a cord. How does it get the oxygen,ect... from the mother?:confused: :confuse2:

Ultra22Lemming
12-14-2002, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by Rijuhn
Same here, I could never and still can't find my dogs belly button, so I guess they don't have them. That's also the way to tell if someone is a clone, I think.

Isn't that from the Simpsons?

And I never knew dogs have umbilical cords .... maybe they call them umbitchacal cords :lol: ..... don't worry I'll hire someone to hit me on the head :whap: <-----Me

CrAcKeR
12-14-2002, 07:18 PM
yay!

inori
12-14-2002, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by CrAcKeR
dammit..i called the vet to ask them..they hung up on me..so i guess its still a question that no body knows

You should have told them you were doing research for a school project or something. If you just blurt your question out, it sounds like a prank call...

*ring*
Vet's receptionist: Alameda County Veterinary Clinic.
You: Hello. Do dogs have bellybuttons?
Vet's receptionist: *click*

But if you try this tactic...
*ring*
Vet's receptionist: Alameda County Veterinary Clinic.
You: Hello. My name is [insert name here] and I'm a student at [insert school here]. I'm doing a class project on reproduction for my biology class, and I have a question I'd like to ask a veterinarian for my report. Do dogs have bellybuttons?
Vet's receptionist: Hold on just a moment, and I'll get the doctor so that he can answer your question for you.

See how much better that works? :kawaii:

CrAcKeR
12-17-2002, 05:35 PM
i tried your tactic inori...and by god it worked...she said that dogs dont have bellybuttons but monkeys do lol....
my question is solved

Masamune
12-17-2002, 06:29 PM
I BELIEVE TYGORE AND NOT VET! TYGORE BETTER VET! I WOULD TRUST MY DOG WITH TYGORE ANY DAY! BUT NOT WITH VET! the vet almost lost my doggie once... :( by thati mean ran away not dead...