PDA

View Full Version : Boss Door

raptorscyther
12-10-2002, 02:22 AM
Hey, umm.. how do you open a boss door, i cant find any reference to a boss key or a flag that opens the door. etc.
Can someone help me here? Ive seen it done before.

Blonde799
12-10-2002, 07:39 AM
Boss doors aren't complete in the current public beta. They are, however, in the private ones.

raptorscyther
12-10-2002, 07:41 AM
Bummer..
Looks like i gotta do everything else in the dungeon until the next beta is released. :(

Thanks

ShadowTiger
12-10-2002, 09:09 AM
Well, you can do it now. Check my thread on events in this forum for help. You have to set a room with a fire guy (The actual guy-->fire.) And a chest. Set the boss key (Which is only an object now. It does virtually nothing yet.) as the special item, have it in the chest, place the 10 flag on the chest, then when you slash it and get the key, the boss flag in the room is triggered (There should be no enemy trigger, and the boss enemy flag should be on.) Then go to the boss door room. Have a trigger enemy in there, (Place it with an enemy start flag.) and set the boss enemy flag as on, and make sure the two rooms are in the same level #. Place secret flag combos on the boss door so it opens when the secret is triggered. When you get the boss key, the door opens in the boss door room. Works nearly every time.

raptorscyther
12-11-2002, 01:40 AM
Ok, Thanks BH4.
I think i got it now :P

So the Boss Key "item" was in the Sp. Item list... ahh, that explains why i couldnt find it.

KJAZZ
12-11-2002, 03:05 AM
Boss Keys are supposed to be in every item list..But they aren't in at all in Beta 163, to my knowledge, I can't check because I overwrote 163 with my current Beta..;p

Blonde799
12-11-2002, 07:31 AM
Yup, boss keys are non-existant in our beta(not like that's a good thing).

ShadowTiger
12-11-2002, 08:59 AM
It can be. It allows us to not only open the boss door, but make some critical changes to the boss door room besides opening the door, for example, if you step up to the boss door with the boss key event triggered, the pit warp spawned warps you to a similar room, except you can change the room any way that you want. But with the real working boss key, all you can do is open the door. Don't get me wrong, I love opening doors, but I also like triggering really cool secrets. You can change the whole dungeon with that warp. (By placing different screens behind it.)

Blonde799
12-11-2002, 09:56 AM
You can use lock blocks for that, BH4. The boss strategy will probably be used as temple themed triggers, meaning bad things happen when you get the item.:)

ShadowTiger
12-11-2002, 11:41 AM
I had the lock block idea way before....... Yeah. You could change the whole screen like that, I know, but that would take A LOT of combos to do effectively. But if you don't want to use events, that's a pretty good way of doing it. Jigglysaint is a genius!

Verbatim
12-12-2002, 06:40 PM
There is one big problem with using the boss flags to change the whole dungeon via secret combos...you can't have any enemies after the change, because the boss flag being activated kills them all in the rooms that it's active in...

You can have a separate version of your level that you get pitwarped to when it's set off though, and have it turn on pit-warps in the entrance room in order to make sure you go to the new version if you exit and re-enter. You do have to make sure that the player was forced to get all items avaiable before the boss secret is triggered, though.