PDA

View Full Version : Making a non-custom quest?

DarkFlameWolf
12-10-2002, 02:10 AM
I was always curious how they added the third quest as an official ZC quest. Where you couldn't load it up as a custom quest, you had to play the first two quests to get access to it, or have to name yourself 'alpha' to immediately access it. How could one make a quest like that? Where you had to complete one or more of the others to access it or input a name to access it? How would one go about doing all that? I was just curious.

slothman
12-10-2002, 02:14 AM
In the header part the "quest number" is 1 for the first and 3 for the third. Custom quests get 0. As for the using the correct name I'm not sure.

MottZilla
12-10-2002, 03:10 AM
If you replace 3rd.qst with a quest that has quest number 3 it should work. Currently I think only quest numbers 0-3 do anything. And the game only looks for quest files 1st.qst 2nd.qst and 3rd.qst

Really there is no point to it.

plith
12-10-2002, 07:34 AM
And moving now to a more appropriate ZQuest Editor Help.

KJAZZ
12-11-2002, 03:11 AM
You can't do it, DN has to code it in. You couldn't make a quest that if you put in "DFW" it would automatically go to another version of the quest. You could rename the 1st-3rd quests but the codes ZELDA and ALPHA would still be the same..