PDA

View Full Version : What a crock of she-it!

Jemsee
12-09-2002, 11:29 PM
I hate this stuff.
Look what I found in my mail today.

The technology to track forwarded emails does not exist. Don't always believe everything you read. But, making a direct donation to the Make a Wish Foundation is not a bad idea. Happy Holidays. Cathy
----- Original Message -----
To: ----- Original Message -----

600 e address

To: Wanda Coleman ; Lynne Riendeau ; Lynn Smith ; Lorna Gonzalez ; Laura Amrein ; Heidi Crowell ; Cathy Porcello ; Cathy McDonah ; Bill Lagasse ; Ann Bond
Sent: Tuesday, November 05, 2002 7:02 PM
Subject: Fw: Something sad-DONT DELETE THIS UNLESS YOUR HEARTLESS

> Hi,
> my name is Amy Bruce. I am 7 years old, and I have severe lung cancer
>from second hand smoke. I also have a large tumor in my brain, from
>repeated beatings. The doctors say I will die soon if this isn't fixed,
and
>my family can't pay the bills. The Make A Wish Foundation, has agreed to
>donate 7 cents for every person who forwards this letter. For those of you
>who send this along, I thank you so much, but for those who don't send it,
>what goes around comes around. Have a Heart, please send this. Please, if
>you are a kind person, send this on.
> PLEASE HIT FORWARD BUTTON "NOT REPLY BUTTON".... thank you.

Has there ever been a chain letter that was real?
Have any of you ever gotten this crap?
I guesstamate over 600 responses. :rolleyes:
Has anyone sent one on?

Mini-Me
12-09-2002, 11:34 PM
And why do you read chain email??

DarkDragon
12-09-2002, 11:39 PM
I think I saw that exact letter on urbanlegends.about.com; it is a hoax.

Whenever I see any e-mail containing over a small handful of names in the To: field,I send it straight to the trash.

gdorf
12-10-2002, 02:31 AM
... I have a feeling like 600 emails are about to be flooded with spam. There are programs that search the net for emails to spam, and well... they just hit the jackpot. :shrug:

Jemsee
12-10-2002, 02:42 AM
You think I should delete the e addresses out of the post?

gdorf
12-10-2002, 02:44 AM
Well, I dunno. The post would kinda lose its affect if you did. But that is alooot of people's emails posted. It really comes down to your call. :shrug:

Breaker
12-10-2002, 02:51 AM
I'm going to spam all their emails with nekkid pictures of myself and say I need a testicle transplant, plz forward.

MottZilla
12-10-2002, 02:59 AM
LoL. I think most email services should allow you to set a filter on how many people a email is sent to to block it. Cause if something is sent to like, 10 people, it's not important. ;p

inori
12-10-2002, 03:24 AM
I've sent e-mails to my entire class before (remember, I'm the TA)... those were slightly important.

Ganonator
12-10-2002, 03:38 AM
lol @ breaker.. anyway

Its all a big fat lie. and people get mad when their internet slows down.. hmm.. QUIT SENDING F*CKING SPAM!! seriously.

goKi
12-10-2002, 07:46 AM
hmm... i hate spam email so much... i delete anything with fw or fwd in the subject.

i dont see how it is possible for the make a wish foundation to track how many times the message has been forwarded, damn people are so stupid.

GuitarmanTim
12-10-2002, 10:17 AM
I thought you already had 3 nutz Forrest?

Zaphod Q. IX
12-10-2002, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Breaker
I'm going to spam all their emails with nekkid pictures of myself and say I need a testicle transplant, plz forward.
:eyebrow:

cyberkitten
12-10-2002, 11:43 AM
> Hi,
> my name is Amy Bruce. I am 7 years old, and I have severe lung cancer
>from second hand smoke. I also have a large tumor in my brain, from
>repeated beatings. The doctors say I will die soon if this isn't fixed,
and
>my family can't pay the bills.

soo...the family that beat her repeatedly and caused a brain tumor is trying to raise money to save her life...

they really should put more thought into their hoax stories. that's just sloppy.

Goat
12-10-2002, 12:07 PM
I just find it easier not to check my e-mail. I checked my ZC e-mail for the first time in like 6 months last week and it had been filled to capacity for like 4 months.

Ich
12-10-2002, 12:59 PM
God I hate chain letters. I remember a chain letter someone I know made as a joke, to "Save the dying narcotic midget. With cancer!"