PDA

View Full Version : Just beat Metroid Prime... (possible spoilers)

Orion
12-09-2002, 08:51 PM
..and I was was wondering if anyone wasn't quite satisfied with the last area. It seemed like the last area could have used a bit more development time, as it was kinda a wimpy conclusion to an otherwise awesome game.

Don't get me wrong, the final boss was cool and hard enough, but the area itself was a walk in the freakin park. Add to that the fact that there was no escape sequence after you beat Metroid Prime, and you find a long-time Metroid fan who is wondering if this game might have been rushed just a little bit towards the end. I'd actually have rathered the endings be based on time too, but change is nice.

Anyway, enough of my ranting. If you haven't played this game, go out and buy the damn thing, screw the demos! If you don't have a GameCube, get one! It's worth a a play or three and is a worthy addition to Gunpei Yokoi's legacy.

Post your final times and percentages if you like.
Mine: 20:01, 80%

Menokh
12-09-2002, 09:42 PM
Get 100% of the items and then beat the final boss.

There is a new scene in the ending as a result.

Anyhow, no I don't have this game yet, but my best friend does and I spoiled it for myself by watching him play it. Since I am flat broke, I won;t be getting this until Christmas.

LordMagus
12-09-2002, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by Menokh
Get 100% of the items and then beat the final boss.

There is a new scene in the ending as a result.

Anyhow, no I don't have this game yet, but my best friend does and I spoiled it for myself by watching him play it. Since I am flat broke, I won;t be getting this until Christmas.

Yes...your best friend does have it and he did beat it. ;)

The 100% ending leaves a nice opening for another Metroid game (sequel to Prime??).

My time is:

21:54, 100%

Maverick_Zero
12-09-2002, 09:57 PM
Yeah, I've said it before and I'll say it again, I have to get this game. 20 hours, that's alot of time.

Yoshiman
12-09-2002, 10:03 PM
My time is:
00:00, 0%

I don't have the game... yet... Maybe for Christmas though.

Dart Zaidyer
12-09-2002, 10:34 PM
The offset to the disappointing Impact Crater is fighting all those damn Fission metroids until you figure out they just keep respawning and proceed to Metroid Prime itself.

As for the better ending... What could possibly be more threatening than the Metroid Prime being a Core X? That means the X are the source of Phazon, AND they are capable of posessing and mimicking metroids.

Tygore
12-09-2002, 10:51 PM
The Metroid Prime is a Core X... I sense a sequel to Fusion.

fatcatfan
12-10-2002, 07:44 PM
Oh... I've not played fusion so I didn't know what a Core X was.

My first time through was 94% 18:30 (approx)
My second time through (on hard mode!!!) was 100% 12:00 (approx)

I never went back on the first one to pick up those extra missles.