PDA

View Full Version : private beta quests

idontknow
12-09-2002, 04:32 PM
if you don't have the latest private beta of zquest, can you still play quest that have been made by it?...also, are there any quests out there right now (either demos or completed) that use the latest features that are unique to the private beta?..if so, can i play them and where would i find them?

plith
12-09-2002, 04:40 PM
You can't play newer quests on older versions of ZC. If at some point, a newer version of ZC is released with or without ZQuest, you could then play that quest.

And why would someone release a quest publicly that no one could play?

And this doesn't belong in Quest Announcement/Discussion. Moving to ZC Discussion.

VEL
12-09-2002, 04:44 PM
I don't think there are many quest made in the private betas. I don't work on my quests in them because lots of times the format changes and then they aren't compatible with newer versions. I've seen people lose lots of work in their quests because they changed them with the private betas.

ShadowTiger
12-09-2002, 05:24 PM
I've seen a few quests. Wasn't DoY made in 152? Wait, that wasn't really even released until a little after 163 came out.

If we have the player, but not ZQuest, (hence, 152.) Does it count? Because otherwise we wouldn't be able to even play it, as you've said, and would be worthless except to envy and drool at.