PDA

View Full Version : Pallet problem

blckscab
12-07-2002, 04:36 PM
I dont know if this is a stupid question...But...
which keys get the pallets 14+ to come up
e.g.
key0-9= pallet0-9
keys shift+1-3= palletA-c

VEL
12-07-2002, 04:57 PM
Use "F4" it will let you enter the number.

*b*
12-07-2002, 05:03 PM
or go to data, pallete, and put it in there, but F4 is faster

C-Dawg
12-07-2002, 05:46 PM
I hear your mom is pretty fast, too.

-C

*b*
12-07-2002, 05:54 PM
what's that supposed to mean?

C-Dawg
12-07-2002, 06:10 PM
Nothing, sorry. Let's get back on topic here. It's spelled "palette".

-C

blckscab
12-08-2002, 04:42 AM
Soz, I was tired when I was typing:rolleyes:

Anyway, thanks. I didnt know about that.

AlphaDawg
12-08-2002, 11:10 AM
Okay, to clarify:

"Pallets" are those wooden or plastic things they use to display merchandise on in aisles of stores like Best Buy, Wal-Mart, Target, or wherever.

"Palettes" are those sets of 16 colors used to color things in ZQuest.

I have no idea what a "pallette" is.

C-Dawg
12-08-2002, 12:44 PM
A "pallette" is a typo.

And in Zquest, I think palettes are limited to 256 colors, not 16. Each palette can contain 16 Csets, as I recall...

-C

Petoe
12-08-2002, 05:16 PM
I think I can ask it in here so I don't have to start a new thread.

Is there a way to use more than the 11 first CSets as a background colors, because there are total 14 sets? What I mean, is that when in combo editor you can fill the last box with blue and set a number for the 2nd set, I could only use 11 sets when there are 14. So is there any way I could use more CSets ( for the 'map' of the game, not the sprites)???:confuse2:

I hope someone understands... :shrug:

Zaggarum
12-09-2002, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by C-Dawg
I hear your mom is pretty fast, too.

-C

If you don't know what that means that is good :sweat: you can always count on C- to make the jokes (sick ones that is). :laughing:

Got a good laugh C-. Sometimes you need something like that unexpected. ;)

plith
12-09-2002, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by C-Dawg
A "pallette" is a typo.

And in Zquest, I think palettes are limited to 256 colors, not 16. Each palette can contain 16 Csets, as I recall...

pallette

n : one of the rounded plates at the armpits of a suit of armor

And although there are 16 CSets, one of them is used for inserting things like Boss CSets on certain screens. That's why having an Aquamentus and Gleeok on the same screen can screw up the colors of one of them. So there are the three main ones that you use for all level colors, namely 0, 1, and 5. There are the three which change between level colors: 2, 3, and 4. Then there's 6 (Link), 7 (Blue enemies), 8 (Red enemies) 9 (Level color enemies), 10 (Extra item colors), 11 (More items). I think that's all the usable CSets. Which only totals up to 12. Uhh...

C-Dawg
12-09-2002, 10:58 PM
Alright, point taken. Allow me to rephrase. A "pallette" as used in my original post in this thread (since corrected) was a typo.

And extra Csets- dont the two Gannon Csets, and the Aquamentos/Geelock Csets count too? That brings us to 15... where is the last one, I wonder...

-C

Verbatim
12-12-2002, 07:12 PM
There's also the GUI (that's the menus for those of you who only speak English), which gets its own Cset.

Gannon doesn't need two Csets, because he only displays one Cset at a time. However, there is an additional Cset needed when his ashes and his triforce are shown simultaneously...one can load to the boss Cset, but the second requires a free Cset.

Let me add them up again...there are the 12 that Plith mentioned, plus one for bosses' Csets to load to (including Gannon) makes 13, plus one for showing the triforce and ashes together makes 14, plus one for the GUI makes 15...I still come up one short...

My guess, though, is that when DN realized that there are a lot of unused colors most of the time (since for example the GUI Cset and the Cset reserved for showing the ashes & triforce together are not often used while the game is in progress), he started thinking about the transparency feature he added...so really, any re-organisation aimed at using Csets more efficiently would reduce the amount of space for averaging colors for transparency, and make that feature work less well...the 'wasted' Csets aren't really being wasted anymore.

ShadowTiger
12-13-2002, 09:13 AM
And what if you want to keep a "backup" main cset somewhere in those palattes that are no longer being wasted?

Verbatim
12-13-2002, 06:05 PM
If you want to backup your Csets...just go to quest->export->csets...

If you want to back up a specific Cset within your quest file while you edit it...just put it in, say...level 254's level colors.