PDA

View Full Version : Tall Grass and Shallow Water = Slow Walk trait?

Qusetonui
12-07-2002, 02:01 PM
Should the Shallow Water and Tall Grass combos have a slow walk trait? In Zelda III, they both had Slow Walk traits, but in Zelda Classic, they do not. The reason why the Slow Walk trait needs to be added to the Tall Grass and Shallow Water is because this causes less confusion and make it feel a bit more like Zelda 3.

This should be an easy thing to code in Zelda Classic compared to *cough*Roc's Feather and Cape*cough*.

C-Dawg
12-07-2002, 05:35 PM
You can do this with combo animation ;)

For water, make two combos with the same tile. If you have animated shallow water, make sure it has an even number of frames of animation, and make several combos that display each frame. Then just string all the combos together so that it animates just like it was a single combo. Have it oscilate between shallow water and slow walk.. if you do it fast enough, the player wont notice.

For grass, the same thing applies, but the number of animation frames must be a multiple of 3 so you can have slashable, slow-walk, and tall-grass at he same time. (Assuming tall-grass doesn't already slash..)

-C

Tygore
12-07-2002, 06:21 PM
tall grass does slash on its own. You'd only need 2. But I think it should be given slow walk properties all the same.

Cloral
12-07-2002, 10:31 PM
Does this trick work with other combo types? Could I make a liquid you can swim in but is damaging at the same time (i.e. lava or acid)?

C-Dawg
12-08-2002, 02:42 AM
You sure can. In fact, I think someone else did as much a few threads back.

-C