PDA

View Full Version : Game Maker

Link5093
12-07-2002, 01:51 PM
check this program out
game maker (http://www.cs.uu.nl/people/markov/gmaker/index.html)

It's the best game maker i'v seen!!!:evil:

Ultra22Lemming
12-07-2002, 02:09 PM
Interesting. But I believe for a game to be good in needs to have a lot of time spent on it.

Link5093
12-07-2002, 03:19 PM
just because it's faster to make games it dose not mean that the game cannot be good. Game maker can do anything but 3d it can even do rpg like zelda but that is hardest thing that can be done in it.

MottZilla
12-07-2002, 03:50 PM
In my experience game makers tend to not be very flexable and harder to work with than writing it all yourself feom scratch. You get what you put into it.

DarkDragon
12-07-2002, 04:03 PM
You get what you put into it.
True enough, to some extent. I've never taken "game makers" very seriously, since, as you've stated, it's very hard to pre-make a game with enough flexibility to allow for some truly interesting end products. (Though I admit there are some exeptions, such as MZX.) On a lower level, however, you must realize programmers are notoriously lazy - reusing a game engine is a common practice and almost never significantly detracts from the originality of the final product, and reusing snippets of code is not only a smart idea but mandatory, if you hope to finish the game within a decade.

MottZilla
12-07-2002, 04:10 PM
There is nothing wrong with building off your older code. As long as you do enough to it that it's still fun and entertaining. For instance, MMX3 to MMX4 was the best.