PDA

View Full Version : Back from hell. Had a nice trip.

AlexMax
12-07-2002, 11:54 AM
A fucking Warzone. Not just a warzone, a fucking warzone.

That's how I could best describe the specticle outside my house Wednsday morning. Trees down everywhere, power out everywhere, tree branches falling everywhere as I stood there speechless. And oh yeah, did I mention it was colder than hell out there?

It was an ice storm that hit North Carolina three nights ago. Power outages were worse than Hurricane Hugo. Debris almost as much. And we were in the middle of it.

Luckily, nobody we knew was injured. Power came on at my father's office a few blocks down that night, as did my grandmothers house two blocks away. The next day, friends of my sister, my sister and I hung out at my grandmothers house (had no internet), and this morning the power at our house came back on.

All I can say is this...

Wow...

Fatty Lumpkin
12-07-2002, 12:18 PM
Wow. My family up in NY showed me pictures from the ice storm a few years ago, but they didn't get hit that hard.

deathbyhokie
12-07-2002, 12:39 PM
we didn't get the ice, we just got snow. however i can remember back to 92 wen we had one of the worse ice storms ever. we were without power for a whole week.

MottZilla
12-07-2002, 02:49 PM
Wow... that doesn't sound fun. To make you feel better you can see what you missed by clicking the Ninja Gaiden link in my sig. =)

Fiyerstorm
12-07-2002, 03:01 PM
Poor Alex, your albino skin reflects sunlight...I'm gald you and your loved ones are okay tho!

Cronic
12-07-2002, 03:10 PM
hehe good one, Fiya ;)

AlexMax
12-07-2002, 03:16 PM
I would seriously question the humor of someone who has fucking Martha Stewart as his avatar.

And honestly, that little shot wasn't needed either Mr. Conic.

Cronic
12-07-2002, 03:16 PM
Hehe awww I offended him.

the_super_cat
12-07-2002, 04:08 PM
We had an ice storm here back in January of this year. It was awful. Trees were cracking and falling over all night. We were without power for about three days in a row. All the food in our refridgerator went bad, and it was cold out. I was seven months pregnant to boot, so it really sucked, lol. We had an ice storm a few nights ago, but thankfully, all we got was a five minute brown out. I hope I don't end up without power in the winter ever again!

Menokh
12-07-2002, 04:40 PM
We got that same storm, Alex, here in Massachusetts.

All we got here though was snow. 6 inches of snow before it turned to rain. By the time the rain ended we had 3 inches of heavy wet snow.

It's a good thing no one you know was injured.

Ultra22Lemming
12-07-2002, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by Menokh
We got that same storm, Alex, here in Massachusetts.

All we got here though was snow. 6 inches of snow before it turned to rain. By the time the rain ended we had 3 inches of heavy wet snow.

It's a good thing no one you know was injured.

I live in Massachusetts but didn't get that much snow. Just about 3 or 4 inches which isn't enough to cancel school. :( Most likely you live in the southern part or the cape. That's where the most snow went.

The good thing is that no body you know got hurt. But hiring some people to get rid of those trees is ganna cost some money.

Menokh
12-07-2002, 04:51 PM
Yeah, I live on the Cape.
If it hadn't turned tor ain briefly at the end, we would have had plenty of snow to warrent canceling school. But since I don't go to school, it wouldn't have mattered for me.

Fiyerstorm
12-07-2002, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by AlexMax
I would seriously question the humor of someone who has fucking Martha Stewart as his avatar.

And honestly, that little shot wasn't needed either Mr. Conic.

Well.

At least I don't have a tiny-eyed freaky cartooon bitch.

BTW, "It's a good thing!"

AndI was really trying to be nice....honest!.... ;-;

AAAHH I CRY...

:cry:

Paradox
12-07-2002, 06:44 PM
i saw that news on yahoo.. looked pretty bad. we got some snow up here (look at what menokh said for more)