PDA

View Full Version : Quest announcement

Mr_Tuvai
12-06-2002, 02:56 PM
Wow, it's been a long time since I've posted here. Anyway, I've been working on a quest off and on since... well, since before the release of version 1.90. And I'm finished now.

It uses a classic tileset. Details and downloads are at my website (http://blank.nothing.ca/index.php?p=gameguides/zeldaquest.html). Enjoy.

C-Dawg
12-06-2002, 03:22 PM
What a refreshing change of pace... a QA thread posting a COMPLETED quest. :)

-C

ShadowTiger
12-06-2002, 03:50 PM
:laughing: Yeah.

You changed your forum style, C-Dawg. Good luck with that.

What's the plot?

Mr_Tuvai
12-06-2002, 06:59 PM
Yeah... I made an effort to avoid posting partially-completed updates. It took a looooong time (including a hiatus where I thought I'd sit and wait for a final revision on the Windows version), but I think it's done and more or less bug-free.

I didn't bother with a pretense of a plot. You're the hero Link, you have to gather the eight scattered pieces of the Triforce to save Princess Zelda from the evil pig-wizard Gan(n)on. Eight theme dungeons and a few caves await. Consider it a reworking of the first quest, I suppose.

Zaggarum
12-06-2002, 07:35 PM
Its cool Mr_T... (hmm) :laughing:

Anyway, I am glad I am not the only person who is making a quest with Classic. The only diference is yours is original. You sould check out the thread, Zelda Remake.

ms_zelda_lady
12-06-2002, 11:26 PM
:clap:

Great quest ........
Love the way it starts. Very imaginative Mr. T !!
Definitely one of the best I've played this year. You've put a twist thats takes a bit of figuring out but not so tough that anyone should find frustrating. I've already done the first 2 levels and am now on my way to number 3

ms_zelda_lady

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Foxx
12-07-2002, 12:44 PM
Yeah, I also like the way it starts off and plays... a throwback to an older era in quest production. The design and music are enough to get a thumbs-up from me. http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/html/icons/icon14.gif

Now that that's out of the way, I have a couple glitches to point out... first of all, when you leave the potion shop in the southeast corner, Link should walk out of the cave.
Much more serious, I wandered over to the western side of the overworld and died in a tough fight... I restarted in that general vicinity, but was stuck in the rock. Might want to move a green restart flag to take care of that... but very nice quest otherwise.

Mr_Tuvai
12-07-2002, 02:04 PM
It's probably a throwback to an older era of quest design because it was ~started~ in an older era of quest design. Back before all those fancy-pants tilesets and plotlines and quest continuity... :blah:

Hehe... oops. I redesigned most of the overworld late in production, but I thought I'd caught most of the bugs. They should be fixed now, so if you download another copy of the quest, you won't have to worry about having to reset when you die.

Foxx
12-08-2002, 04:12 PM
Cool, but I've wandered into a yellow tunnel, with a lot of Goriyas, and it has the same problem. Might want to take care of that too http://www.afterblur.com/vb/images/smilies/happy.gif

Mr_Tuvai
12-11-2002, 07:45 PM
I waited for another round of bug reports to come in, then fixed all of them at once. So if you download my Quest again and overwrite the old file, the malfunctioning warps and occasional Continue misplacement should be fixed now.

radder1
12-13-2002, 09:51 PM
Thank you for this quest. The overworld was well laid out and the dungeons certainly had some things that I don't think have been done before. Level 7 was a unique idea. I hope you are planning another quest!

Mr_Tuvai
12-14-2002, 09:45 AM
Glad you liked it... especially level 7. I was worried it was so obscure nobody would be able to figure it out. Have you finished the quest yet?

I have a few ideas I'm kicking around for another quest, but considering how long this one took to finish, I'm not in any hurry to start. I spent a while waiting for the Windows version to be fully released, so I might just wait for that before I start again.

carrot red
12-20-2002, 06:57 AM
Well, level 7 is too obscure for me.
Some light , please
The only place I didn't get squashed in by the death knight was is the entrance
I moved on to level 8 & I found level 9
Good work, though
Thumbs up

Mr_Tuvai
12-20-2002, 12:07 PM
I sent a PM, but I'm not sure if it went through. Let me know if you didn't get it.

carrot red
12-20-2002, 04:47 PM
No, Mr T. I didn't get any PM
Send again, please