PDA

View Full Version : Zoras and the Mirror Sheild (this is a funny bug)

texasdex
12-05-2002, 08:24 PM
Okay. So I'm playing with the mirror sheild in 179 on an old 1.90 quest that I just recently saved into the new beta format for somewhere to test and I come upon a screen with a Zora. Nothing unusual about that. So I use my mirror sheild to block the fireballs the Zora spits at me and instead of bouncing off at the same angle they hit they always aim straight for the Zora who shot it. I guess that's a feature of ZC so I can buy that too, that's fine with me. But what happens next is way out there. Before the fireball hits the Zora the Zora has submerged leaving only the little ripple where it was. And instead of going past the ripple spot the fireball stops dead in the center of the ripple. Then when the ripple dissappears and appears elsewhere the fireball immediately starts moving again, but this time it is going toward where the Zora just popped up. This bug is probably due to the fact that when a fireball bounces off of the Mirror Sheild it is aimed toward the nearest enemy or Zora. However it does not keep a straight course, and my best guess is that it doesn't stop aiming for the nearest Zora.

This was quite a humorous sight, and I suggest you all go try it before DN fixes this unusual bug.

Nick
12-05-2002, 08:29 PM
This is most likely a leftover from the homing wand that was in the previous betas. It shot fireballs that homed in on enemies. Apparently, I guess zora fireballs also do that when they reflect off the mirror shield because the fireball was changed or something. :shrug:

Dark Nation
12-05-2002, 08:30 PM
This bug has been in here ever since I introduced the homing wand. Thanks for pointing me to it; I forgot to fix that.

texasdex
12-05-2002, 08:47 PM
Yeah I guess it would be a little embarrassing for all of us if we let that slip into the final version.

Yes, the fireball is changed when it hits the sheild, because it can now hurt enemies, whereas it previously couldn't.

I take it the homing wand was scrapped, right?

Jigglysaint
12-05-2002, 11:53 PM
All that would need to fix the wand would be a seperate projectile that acts as the homing wand.

Tygore
12-06-2002, 12:13 AM
I'd like to see homing wand as a quest rule. Same as flamethrower candles.

KJAZZ
12-06-2002, 02:02 AM
I think we'd like all the items as new items. The names could be..

Det. Mine = Bomb
Prox. Mine = Super Bomb
Poison = Potion
B. Flamethower = B. Candle
R. Flamethower = R. Candle
Fireball Wand = Wand
Bomberang = Magic Boomerang
Super Bomberang = Fire Boomerang
Super Bait (Master Bait? ;)) = Bait

I mean, I like all the items so much, we really need new items for them, it could take up some Subscreen space..;)