PDA

View Full Version : Tile color question

RPGAngel
12-05-2002, 07:04 PM
I am having a problem with the clear color in editing tiles. It is suppoded to be a clear color, but if I use it to make a/an person/item have a clear background so it can be put on any color, it doesn't work. When I put the person/item in, it is surrouned by a black outline. How do I fix it so the clear color will actually be clear? It's the one in the pallete when editing that is a black square with an X in it, at the top left corner of the pallete in the tile editing screen.

Zaggarum
12-06-2002, 12:54 AM
This is because its suppost to be that way. The black x's also act as black. You don't neep to worry about clear colors unless you are using layering. With layering, it will be clear (the black x's) on the screen you layered it to. If you want clear on the tiles, you will need to layer the tiles. In other words make another screen that is all black (x's), put the tile you want to have the "clearness" on that screen. Then on the normal screen, layer that screen onto it. If you don't know how to layer ask in a post. I know I have wierd words on this post, but I tend to explain bad when I can't speak it. Hope this helps you out.

RPGAngel
12-07-2002, 11:12 PM
I hadn't thought about doing it that way. Thanks. I'll try it and see.

C-Dawg
12-08-2002, 12:29 AM
Zaggram's reply was about as clear as mud. What he means to say is that X's are transparent in the sense that they show you what is on the LAYER below the one you put the combo on. If you plop down the combo on Layer 0, then it will show you what is below layer 0 - nothing at all. It wont be black- it'll be whatever color you've assigned the "null" color to be.

As he said, put the character on Layer 1 and you should have no problems.

-C

Zaggarum
12-08-2002, 02:46 AM
Sweet! A compliment from C-. :thumbsup: Thats cool.

NeoPuff
12-10-2002, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by Zaggarum
Sweet! A compliment from C-. :thumbsup: Thats cool.
Uuuuhhhhh....Was it a compliment? :odd:

zora man
12-10-2002, 05:31 PM
He was joking.Duh.:P

Zaggarum
12-10-2002, 06:18 PM
A compliment is something you say to someone that is nice. Like I compliment on how you explain things.

Oh yeah C- I think RPGA understood things the way I explained it.