PDA

View Full Version : overworld

idontknow
12-05-2002, 05:07 PM
i need suggestions on making my overworld..in my quest..i was planning on making a second copy of my overworld...and then changing the pallette to a night shade..i'm using the puretileset...anyways..i need suggestions on going about making my overworld..i wanted to have distinct sections, including a town, a graveyard, a valcanoe, a lake/river, a desert, a forest, a hedge maze, a castle, a field, "thunderplains", and more..i was gonna just take each of these areas and make them on different maps/dmaps and then connect them by sidescrolling warps and tile warps but i'm not sure..i think itd be easier and more organized to simply make one overworld on a single map...what do you guys think...any comments, suggestions...i honestly dont really know where to begin creating an overworld, as there are so many possibilities and i have so many things i want to include in my quest...any help would be much appreciated

Ganonator
12-05-2002, 05:47 PM
Well, if you want your player to be able to see the overworld map, it is best to just make one large overworld. You can still use Dmaps to connect them (therefore giving them different map names), and its all contiguous. Just a suggestion. Overworlding is sometimes the hardest thing to do at times. It takes a lot of oversight to do. Good luck, i'm looking forward to what you have to give to the community.

Zaggarum
12-05-2002, 05:56 PM
Did you already forget about your group quest? A good way to get ideas is from the people helping you out with the quest.

idontknow
12-05-2002, 06:09 PM
actually, i never actually got a group quest started...hehe...nobody seemed interested and i dont know how to give people copies of my quest...someone tried explaining it but i dont get it...its alright though..i kinda wanta to my own quest now

Zaggarum
12-05-2002, 06:18 PM
Well after my 3 part saga is finished, I will be making a group quest. Though that will be probalbly next christmas or Later! :scare: It take a long time to make 3 quest with good quality.